8. Stop avoiding

<Destiny>
The light through the curtains shined directly in my eyes as if life hated me. I stretched and did the usual thing I did first almost every morning: check my phone. Without looking, I tried to grab it except nothing felt like the shape of my phone.

Wait. Where am I?

My eyes widened as I started to panic as a pounding headache formed. I took a few deep breaths and closed my eyes to try and remember what had happened but my thoughts where interpreted by someone entering the place. I tried listening to them but could only make out some words since they were outside of the door to this bedroom and his voice was muffled.

"Yes Andrew, I'm sure we won't be leaving with a destroyed reputation." And then there was a pause before he continued. "I did say we shouldn't go without John."

I recognised the voice as Shawn's voice and was relieved to know it was him and not some creepy old man that had kidnapped me.

"Destiny, hey, you're awake." Shawn creaked the door open and smiled, putting down two pink plastic bags on the bed then sitting himself beside them.

"You feeling okay?"

"Well I have a really bad headache but why am I- oh wait." I was about to finish my sentence but the memory of me downing drinks came flooding back into my head. Where's Amy?

"You were drunk." Shawn said then looked down at the bags with a disappointed dad face. "Here have this it should make you feel better." He took out a container that contained tablets and a bottle of water.

"Thanks." I took them from him and drunk the water.

"Destiny, you know you shouldn't drink here. It's not legal at your age."

"Come on, it was only once. Plus, it's not like I killed someone." I shrugged.

He looked down once again and mumbled something I think he thought I wouldn't hear, "but I almost did."

"What?" I choked on my water and shot up.

"Nothing."

"Shawn, wait." I studied him for a couple of seconds until I saw his black eye. "Holy shit, what happened?" I gently touched his bruise; he winced at my touch.

"You don't remember?"

"No."

With a sigh, he started telling me a little story which shocked me. I'm so bad. I can't just be like this.

"He tried to take advantage of you. I stopped him. It's nothing big." I started getting some blurry flashbacks as I bit my dry lips unsure of what to say.

"I'm so sorry." I blurted.

"Don't worry. It's all good." He gave me a reassuring smile but I don't think it was 'all good.'

Do you ever have a big urge to just hug someone? Well that was me right now so I just went in and hugged him. He didn't hug me back for a good several seconds which took me by surprise but then did hesitantly. Okay, what?

"Shawn can I ask why you just walked away from me the other day?" I asked nervously but curious.

"Sorry, I have a interview I need to go to. I gotta go." He pushed himself up to get up from the bed.

"O-okay. I'll watch it live with Amy." I smiled. He just avoided my question and it's getting annoying now. But yeah, Amy was coming over to revise for her exams today.

"Sure, it is at half five. Well I got to go now so you might want to go back to your room." He chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck.

As we both made out way out, I found Amy on her phone with a stack of books outside of my room.

"Oh hey, Destin-" I kid you not she just froze like a mannequin when Shawn went past her. Shawn did his cute wave and gave her a playful wink then made his way to the elevator.

"Shawn Mendes just winked at me!" She whisper yelled.

"Nice, now get inside we have a lot to go over." I rolled my eyes and shoved her inside.

***

"So what would the degree between the coin be?" I asked a daydreaming Amy.

"Amy!" I yelled to bring her back to reality.

"What?"

"You aren't playing attention." I sighed.

"I don't care anymore, can I have a break?" She said sounding frustrated.

"Amy?"

"Mhm." She hummed.

"Where did you go after that party?" I placed her practise book down.

"You left me so I went over to the guys. Shhh don't tell Tristan." Amy said as my eyes widened.

"Um, okay but excuse me, you are the one that left me. Poor Shawn had to get into a fight because- never mind."

"Woah, woah, what?" She gulped.

"Nothing. Come on, Shawn is live right now." I changed the subject and switched channels until Shawn's face appeared. They had already started.

"So your new self titled album is doing well and I must say, you definitely snatched our wigs this time. People say 'Why' was about Camila Cabello. What do you say?"

"Camila? Oh uhm. That's what the people say? Hearing everyone's support and love for the album makes me the happiest man on earth." Shawn stuttered as his cheeks went a bright shade of pink not answering her question. Who's Camila?

"Yes! Onto 'In My Blood' and the story behind it. I've heard it is about you battling with anxiety. How has this been for you?"

Shawn went on about his anxiety and how he had been in tears every now and then. Yeesh, I never knew. He's so mature for his age, if only I was this mature.

"How about this picture. Could you please explain it? Many say that this girl is your girlfriend."

I squinted my eyes as I tried to make out what it was and of course, it has to be a picture of Shawn with his hand around my waist.

"Uhm, no actually. Destiny is a very good friend of mine that I met recently. She's very funny and a pleasure to hang around with. In that picture she um also fell and I caught her just at the right moment haha." He explained. Of course he wasn't going to say I was drunk or that he had got into a fight.

"What a gentleman." The woman gave him a sly smile as if she knew something.

"Wait, what. That's you!" Amy shot up.

"Yeah."

"You better tell me everything right now." She turned and sat facing me ready for me to tell her.

I told her everything that I remembered as Shawn finished talking to the interviewer.

I'm such a pain.

To be continued...

A/N: This definitely wasn't my best chapter; sorry but I will make it up to you guys. 😉❤️
~Sana