18. Never again

<Destiny>
I clumsily walked up to my dresser to get on my clothes. I searched around for my blouse but failed to find it. I was still half asleep so I wasn't surprised.

I walked up to the stairs, "Mum! Where's my blouse?" I asked from upstairs, almost falling down and breaking every bone in my body.

"It should be in there. Look more carefully." She shouted back from downstairs. Isn't that what every mom says and then you call her up and she finds it within two seconds? Magic.

I groaned and walked back into my room to search once again. I grabbed something that seemed to be my white blouse but it wasn't it was... the shirt I didn't give back. Shawn's shirt.

I happily hopped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around my hair and got changed. "Fallin' all in." I sang the last words of the song and walked out of the shower with a grin on my face, still humming... all until I saw Shawn sat on my bed, with a few red roses beside him, looking at the one thing I regret not burning. Shawn looked up at me with a startled face which at the same time showed worry and sadness.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me as I sprinted over, not even thinking twice, and snatched the picture and piece of paper out of his trembling hands, scrunching them back into the opened box. I slammed the lid back on as a warm liquid ran down my face.

"Get. Out." I tried to stay calm as many emotions took over my body.

"Destiny, I can help you. We can talk-" His voice cracked.

"Have you not learned to not invade others privacy? I trusted you Shawn. J-just get out of the room." I grabbed the door handle and held the door open for him. Shawn gave me another saddened look.

"Destiny, I'm here for you. I don't want to leave you." He cried out.

"Well I do."

Shawn hesitantly walked out of the room and I slammed the door shut behind him. I slid down the door sobbing, letting everything out.

"I'll be here."

And he wasn't wrong. That day he stayed until I moved. I had fallen asleep at the door and he'd done the same. At the crack of dawn though, I collected my things together and left New York to go back to London, my home. I couldn't stay there. I wouldn't have been able to look into his eyes after that. He probably thinks I'm a maniac. It's crazy how back then I couldn't live a day without him and now I haven't seen him for a whole ten months. I don't want to see him. I blocked him from my phone and never contacted him again since then.

"Destiny, we're both going to be late for work, hurry up!" My mom yelled.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath and started to get ready and changed for work. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time to realise I had been crying. I wiped away the tear stains and rushed down to my mom.

"Hey, you're here." She smiled as he put on her last shoe. I walked over to my black heels and we both got into the car.

"Sweetie, are you okay? You seem a bit upset." She said, stopping at a traffic light.

"Oh no, I'm just tired, haha." I lied.

"Okay well you can come to me if there's anything bothering you."

There's a lot of things bothering me.

"Yeah, I know that." I smiled.

"Oh and there's something I need to tell you before I drop you off."

"I'm listening." I said as she shifted in her seat so that she was facing me.

"So, you know how.. it's been getting tricky to pay the bills..?" She bit her bottom lip.

"Yeah but I don't work at McDonald's anymore. This job will help with that, I promise." I smiled at her reassuringly.

"I'm sure that will help but that unfortunately, it only helps us eat and not with the roof over our heads." She gave me a sad smile then continued driving, stopping at the familiar building I go to almost daily. "So I need to work night shift too now." She exhaled. "I will have Sundays off though like you have the weekend off. I know this means I won't have much time with you but I just hope you understand."

"I understand, Mum."

"Okay well have a good day at work and tell Adam I said hi and he should come over sometime." She winked.

"Will do you have a good day too." I get out of the car.

"Bye, love you."

"Love you." I closed the door and made my way inside.

Just another normal day.

To be continued...

A/N: Y'all don't even knowwww it's funny.
~Sana ❤️