19. Everywhere

<Destiny>
I supposed things weren't that bad now... well apart from a few financial issues and the fact that I couldn't really do what I wanted anymore. I had to focus on my job more than ever now or we would end up on the streets. I wanted to go back to dancing more than anything and I know that one day I will. My dad leaving us didn't help whatsoever. He took everything but my mom wouldn't let him take our happiness. I still loved him even though he is a dick. He's still my dad. I work in a hotel now as a receptionist; funny how I keep ending up in hotels, huh. Might as well live in one.

"You okay?" Adam asks from beside me, interrupting me from my thoughts. He's also a receptionist. Without him here, I would basically die of boredom.

"Yeah."

"What's wrong?" He asks once again, not persuaded. He placed a hand on my back, looking at me with his vibrant green eyes.

"It's just that- I don't know. Life." I chuckled. "I'm okay don't worry." I reassured him.

"Okay then. If you need me I'll be back here." Adam smiled at me and went through that back door probably to finish sorting out files or something.

"Who the fuck changes the bed sheets?" I looked up to see a tall man, in his mid-forties, towering above me. He didn't look too happy.

"The cleaners..?" I answered him as though it was obvious.

"Well they are dirty as fuck! This hotel is supposed to be a four star not a bloody -4." He spoke, his British accent showing, as spit flew everywhere with every word he said.

"Excuse me, who the hell do you think you are? Does it look like I clean the rooms? I'm a bloody receptionist." I snapped back.

"Woah, woah, woah what's going on here?" Adam came up from behind me.

"Well, you see this guy thinks it's my fault the bed sheets are dirty and he's talking trash." I gestured towards the man with my hand, pointing my five fingers at him.

"Bringing your friend out here doesn't help, sweetie. Just give me my fucking money back and I'll leave." He slammed his hand on the desk as I cringed at the nickname he gave me.

"How about I call security and then you leave?" Adam said then called for the security.

In no time, he was taken out. "Hey! I still want my money back! I will be back you sons of bitches!"

"Thanks."

"No problem, babe." He walked over to the back door again and grabbed our belongings including my coat and backpack. "Shifts over in a sec. Can I take you out for dinner today? Take your mind off things, it'll be great." He asked me as we made our way outside. I took my phone out and looked through my notifications to see some messages from my mom.

Mum 😚
Hey, Destiny I want you to be back asap. Katy has came over with Sidney and Ariana and they have something to share with you

Mum 😚
Oh btw I finished early today x

I sighed thinking about Sidney and Ari. They were my least favourite cousins and the most annoying. I liked Aunt Katy but sometimes she was just a little too much. Who knows though, I haven't seen them in ages, maybe they've changed.