4. Friends

<Destiny>
"How does this look?" Amy said holding up a black, shimmering dress to her body.

"Nice." I replied not so amused. It wasn't that I didn't was to talk to her or be there with her, it was just that I had other things in mind but one of the reasons I came to New York was to meet up with Amy so I just went with it.

"Listen, I know you don't go to school now but put yourself in my shoes. I'm going to prom with Tristan fucking Michaels!" She cursed.

"Yeah, yeah. Now are you gonna get that dress or what?" I smiled.

With that, we went to go pay for all the things she had got including makeup, heels and hair accessories. Apparently Tristan was the school's hottest boy. I missed the days when me and Amy were both in the same high school. When we were together we used to talk everyday and were known as the troublemakers.

****

"So, apart from this fuckboy you're into and your prom coming up soon, what's up in New York?" I asked while laying down on her bed. Her parents weren't home so we could be as loud and as weird as we liked.

"Well, everything is weird without you for sure. I wish I didn't have to move away from London. But I do have friends which is progress I guess." She chuckled.

"Amy, you do know that I still wouldn't go to school with you even if we were in the same city. I'm done with school." Amy was slightly younger than me. This year was her last year.

"We get it. You're free... enough about me and more about you. How's life back in London? Man, I miss those days in London."

"Nothing new. My dad though... let's just say my mom is overly suspicious about him." The words came trembling out of my mouth and it was just now I regretted it.

"Oh shit. He's cheating?"

"No! Of course not. He wouldn't. I mean- there's no evidence and my dad wouldn't. I trust him more than anything." My dad has been going out late recently and has been using the excuse of 'just gonna go get some fresh air' and my mom doesn't buy it. I believe him though. He wouldn't fall for some slut to my mom.

"Okay.... anything new?"

"Actually in New York more has happened in a day than probably the last two months so I guess I could tell you about that." I sat up looking at Amy while she closed her wardrobe door.

"Tell me girl!" She screeched.

"It all started with loud noises in the room next door-" I paused in the middle of my sentence already regretting the way I said that. Amy was one of the most dirty minded people I knew. She had a large smirk on her face.

"Oh my god not like that! Well anyway, he was singing at 3 am while I was gonna watch Riverdale. Obviously it annoyed me so I went over to tell him to shut his gob. Long story short, after a conversation, I was about to go back into my room only to find out I had forgotten my keycard. He went to get me another one and while he did that, I sat on his bed in his room. He had a bunch of guitars and papers with song lyrics on them all over the place so when he came back, I had to ask about it. He said he was a singer."

"Holy shit. No way! What's his name? I'm sure 'he' has a name."

"I don't know I think it was something like Shawn Mendeez." I shrugged.