Chapter Nineteen

Anya's mouth gaped open. She completely ignored my call to her.

"Was that Rion?" She teased. "You naughty girl. I wasn't around for a few days and you already hooked up with him?"

"What? No! God no! Are you crazy!?"

"Then why were you in his van?"

"Hold up." I placed my palm in the air. "Where were you the entire time and why are we still outside?" I wasted no time and opened the door.

"Girl I had so much trouble." She followed me in and took a seat on the couch.

"With what?" I took a seat next to her and rest my bag on the floor.

"Since the last time I spoke to you I couldn't find my phone. I must have lost it."

"How did you manage that?"

Anya was a careful queen, she always made sure everything was right or in its proper place.

She shrugged, "I went on another date with Ricardo last Thursday, but when I met work on Friday I couldn't find it. I just assumed I had it with me the night."

I'm positive he took it. That's how he got my number! "Did you ask him?"

"Yeah, but he said no. I'll just have to get another one." She sighed.

It angered me that he took it and lied to her about it, but I didn't want to seem like a jealousy friend. I placed some water in the kettle and returned to the couch. There was so much I had to tell her, but I wanted to get the Ricardo thing out of the way.

"Um... Anya he called me." 

"Who Rion?"

"No, Ricardo. I was at my parent's  and he called when I was going home."

"What?"

I shook my head and paused for sometime to gather my thoughts. I wanted to explain it without breaking down. She stared at me with like if I was taking forever. I told her that his call freaked me out and then back tracked to the time I had gone to the beach. 

"He kept calling me into his car in a kind of freaky way. I was terrified! Eventually the bus came." I said.

"Was that the reason why you called?"

I shook my head again. The kettle whistled for the hot water and I fetched two teacups to make the tea. Anya had a dumb expression on her face the entire time. I figured she was trying to process everything.

"Where do you know him from?" 

She stared at me blankly making me wish that I hadn't asked the question. After thinking about it, it did seem a bit prying.

"He's my cousin's mechanic. Well my cousin works for him also. I met him when I carried my car there. He was nice, and asked me out on a date."

"Oh..." I handed her one of the cups and took a seat.

"If he's a bother, then I won't see him again. Something was a little bit off for me too, but I blamed it on my insecurities."

"It's not really a problem, I just wanted to let you know."

We sat in silence for a few minutes sipping our tea. I knew she was itching to ask about Rion, so I started the conversation for her. "I passed out on the beach today..."

"What!?" 

"Yeah, I attempted to go into the water, but kinda failed miserably."

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry! Maybe that was a bad idea."