Part 12

CAROL

It's been a while since I've been on Earth. I try not to think about my life before, but it's hard not to. I spent so long away, I'm sure everyone I know is gone now. Or at least has forgotten me. I think about NASA, all my time working there, how long I dreamt of going to space. And now I know it as my home.
The door opens and Shuri steps in, A man I presume to be Steve following behind. He holds his hand out to shake.
'Steve Rogers.' He introduces himself.
'Carol.' I say, shaking his hand.
'Tony sent new coordinates, were picking up Clint next.' Shuri says.
'So...' Steve says, looking out the window, 'You knew Fury?'
'Barely. We knew people who knew people. I heard he was aiming to make something, an initiative. I gave him my number, only for things he knew I was necessary for. And he called me.' I say, I'm vague explanation.
'And you think you can fight Thanos?' He asks, cautious.
'God no. Not on my own. Why do you think we're rounding everyone up?' I ask. 'I'm about to start the plane up, you might want to buckle up.'
'How come you're the one flying the plane?' Steve asks, not in a cruel way, just curious.
'Twenty years at NASA, son, I know my way around a plane.' He smiles slightly, then backs out of the door, Shuri following behind.
I start the jet up and set off for the new coordinates.