Chapter 8: Into War

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Band of Brothers and the images I used, just my characters and story. In addition, I meant no disrespect to the real soldiers of Easy Company and I apologize for any mistakes whether it be historical inaccuracies or punctuation/grammar.

Thank you MelissaBarringer, SolomonReed, KellanFictionAuthor, BadBanshee, KarinaJensen0, Czemu_Nie_, and theroroz for voting!

And thank you Czemu_Nie_ and emmazetx for adding La Vie En Rose to their Reading List! 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aldbourne, England: 1943

It was past midnight when Eliza arrived at the Watson's cottage after a night filled with music, drinks, and dancing. Eliza had the time of her life, celebrating with her comrades and the people of Aldbourne since she rarely had the chance to have fun back at home, being preoccupied with taking care of her family. However, what made this particular night so precious to Eliza was dancing with Winters. The night filled with the bright stars beneath them cast a beautiful glow, while a breeze swayed along them as they dance to the tune of Eliza's angelic voice. With her mind replaying the scene, Eliza realized that she has fallen for Winters. Falling in love would result in most women being relieved to acknowledge such a deep affection they have for someone. However, Eliza was not just any woman, since at a time of war, falling in love would be severely agonizing. With a sigh, Eliza made her mind to suppress her feelings, hoping to disappear. Oh, how fate was cruel to Eliza, since how can someone love a soldier, for fear of their untimely death at the hands of the enemy.

Eliza wasn't the only one to discover her feelings that particular night. After dropping her off, Winters walked alone in the silence of the night. During his trek, Winters couldn't help but think about the brown-haired medic that captured his heart. The moment that Eliza stepped into the hall, looking so lovely in her dress made Winters realized that she was the woman he only had eyes on, for no women in that dance hall would compare to her beauty and grace. It would be a lie if Winters admitted that he wasn't jealous at seeing Eliza dancing and having fun with the men. Though, Winters felt so damn lucky to be the man to dance with Eliza in the field because dancing under the stars with her left him breathless for her beauty shines among the stars. Not only was Eliza gorgeous, but her kindness and strong-willed personality made Winters fall in love with her even more. However, Winters knew that he couldn't accept his feelings since as a lieutenant, he couldn't have any attachments to his comrades. With a sigh, Winters continued his walk, damning fate for having to fallen for Eliza in the midst of war.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

Easy Company's stay in Aldbourne soon came to an end. Eliza was currently packing her belongings away, saddened that she would have to leave Aldbourne. She would miss the picturesque cottages surrounded by the greenery landscape, the nice townsfolk that would always nicely greet her, and the field that promptly became her haven. But most of all, Eliza would miss Mr. Watson, who would kindly make her delicious pastries and Mrs. Watson, who became a mother figure to her.

When Eliza finished packing, she went downstairs to say goodbye to the Mr. and Mrs. Watson. As she neared the last steps, Eliza saw the couple at the front door, with Mr. Watson's arms around Mrs. Watson's shoulders, comforting her as she wiped her tears. With a smile, Eliza quickly went to hug the couple who had kindly taken care of her. At first, the Watsons were surprised by her action but immediately reciprocated, as it may be the last time they saw the woman they've grown to see as a daughter.

"Thank you so much for your kindness and hospitality," Eliza stated after hugging the couple.

"You're very welcome, Eliza. Be very careful out there," Mr. Watson stated with a sad smile, which Eliza nodded in gratitude.