Chapter 15: Crossroads

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Band of Brothers and the images I used, just my characters and story. Furthermore, I mean no disrespect to the real soldiers of Easy Company--I apologize for any mistakes, whether it be historical inaccuracies or punctuation/grammar.

Thank you MelissaBarringer, Haveneselover, Marvel_Agent, Ilovemyabcdefg, -Prettyfake-, peace1lovepeeps, Little_Miss_Charming, TupperAR, Lily_Binette, lumxnously, wildfires_1, blossombay, space-gem, TupperAR, EupHORN, and Marii_Jara for voting!

Also, thank you LizzyTheNerdo, pinksparkles705, Queen_OfThe_Nerds, AleshaK24, molliannaowens, Zak4sm, Sylc5198, phoebewatton, theresethemountain, countyouluckystars, thiccmelonslice, Fernanda3622, Meggie1227, Spooner211, Stefhy15, SamanthaHensley028, Yarisl10, JungsHoOkbythatASS,  _mrhred, countyouluckystars, LiviaNedd2, dearfredweasley, and  Lulu988776 for adding La Vie En Rose to their Reading Lists! 

(If I miss anyone, I sincerely apologize; I tried my best to track everyone who supported my story from my last update (which was a very long time). Do not worry, if I missed you, I'll mention you in the next chapter!)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Nuenen, Holland: 1944

Having barely escaped the tunnel, Eliza and Randleman quickly sought refuge in an old, well-used barn, which provided some much-needed distance away from the battlefield.

Opening the damaged, oak door to peek outside, Randleman saw white sparks from the explosion of a tank not far away. The fire blazing brilliant hues of red and orange made it a sight to see against the backdrop of the dark night. The loud explosion had startled Eliza, her fear spiking sharply, afraid the Germans were still searching the town for survivors.

Fortunately, Randleman didn't spot anyone, and her mind settled. At least they were safe for now, allowing them a few moments to get some rest.

Turning around to relay this information to Eliza, Randleman grunted, unable to hold in the sharp pain radiating from his shoulder. The man had insisted Eliza stay behind him as a precaution, so for her, it was easy to hear his pain.

As he turned around to face her, the moonlight streamed through the cracks of the door, allowing Eliza to see his wound. It had stopped bleeding, thankfully, but it was still a fresh wound. Too much movement could cause it to start bleeding again, and then they'd really have a problem on their hands--other than the Germans, that is.

"Why didn't you tell me you were wounded?" Eliza snapped harshly, quickly removing medical supplies from her pouch to treat his injury.

Randleman sighed, knowing he couldn't hide it any longer. "Didn't want you to worry." He replied, setting down his rifle as Eliza grabbed his arm, pulling him towards a stall filled with hay.

"Bull, it's my job to worry." Eliza protested with a slight laugh, "Now sit there, so I can clean and bandage it." She gestured over to the hay, and Randleman quickly took a seat.

Randleman couldn't deny the soft hay was much better than kneeling by the door, but it did little to soothe his discontent. He didn't want to burden Eliza, knowing that she was still recovering from her head injury. Plus, his wound was the least of his concerns--seeing as they were separated from their company and trekking through unknown territory without knowing how many Germans they might encounter.

Before he could verbally express his objections, Eliza she shoved a small piece of chocolate in his hand. "To distract you from the pain." Eliza reasoned in a softer tone, knowing Randleman he would try to protest again.