Part 25 Today, I Am a Spy!

In the training rooms, the exercises to get Frost and Janey connected by telepathy made her head ache so badly they had to give her not only medication for the pain but put her to sleep. Frost, himself, called Gail and told her what happened and what they were giving Janey, although he had Janey's complete medical record and knew she wasn't allergic to any medications.

"Will she be alright?" Gail worried.

"Yes, she'l lbe fine, Gail. I've been through this a dozen times and the first time the connection is made usually gives both of us a headache, I'm used to it. I will not be permanently attached to Janey, once she is three hundred feet away from me, I won't be able to hear her. Three hundred feet is the limit of my range. It has no permanent affect on Janey at all."

"Do you have to do this exercise every time she's there?"

"No, and it gets easier every time we do it."

"Well, both girls trust you, so I will, too. Just take good care of my baby." Gail finally said.

 "Gail, I haven't lost one yet and I don't ever intend to lose one. These children are much too precious." Frost let his emotions show in his voice.

"Thank you Mr. Frost."

"Please, call me Magnus."

"You be safe too, Magnus." Gail said before she hung up.

By Friday their training was over, she and Carmella and Katey were going to be infiltrated to a private school for girls, most of whom were the children of foreign dignitaries. The suspect was one of three teachers and Frost wanted confirmation from all three girls as to who the terrorist really was.

It only took them half the day to zero in on two suspects with certainty.  At lunch the girls sat together and transmitted their finding to Frost.

"It is both of them?" Frost was surprised.

"Yes, Mr. Toliver has the connections but Mr. Simenski has the technical expertise. They're in this together." Janey agreed, before they started, to be the "spokes person" for the trio.

"Have you discerned the target?"

"That was the easiest part ... this school!"

"What? That doesn't make sense."

 "It does when you know there is an, unannounced, ceremony happening on the twenty seventh where the parents of all the girls will be in attendance. They plan to hold half the world ransom for the return of the dignitaries. These guys are nuts as well as dangerous."

"Stay out of trouble for the rest of the day. I'm going to see if I can come up with an excuse for the limo to pick you all up early."

"We have the excuse. We're all going to get sick, as will several other girls. They make chicken salad here and Katey turned it bad. It will look like food poisoning but it really isn't."

"Whose idea was that?" Frost sounded angry.

"Katey's, she's quite the sneak thief."

"It's not really salmonella, no one is genuinely going to be in danger?"Carmella supplied.

Katey cut in for herself. "No, there's no bacterium,  just the effect of it."

"Alright, Katey, when should the limo come?"

"An hour and ahalf."

Janey cut off the communication and finished her chicken salad sandwich.