8.

Andrea's POV

It has been a while since I saw my dad, not so surprised though because he has a lot on his plate and work hasn't allowed him breathe, but I miss him.

I get bored most times, now that Emily has been busy lately with work and other stuff, I can't keep her to myself all the time, she has a life outside our friendship and I want her to have her space.
I Just need something to do, like a job or whatever just to take my mind off few things.

I got it!

* * *

I woke up pretty early on a fine and peaceful Saturday morning. It was weird waking up too early although I have a degree in waking early. I just watched Tv and I got bored.

I stepped out of the house, daddy's own rather and strode to the parking lot to take steal my dad's car.

What? i hate walking or taking a bus. Do you think I'll walk today? hell NO!

After several hours of shopping and driving around, I decided to go home until something caught my eye.

'Candy's stake house, waitress needed'.

Boom!

I read it out slowly as I hopped out of my car and entered the restaurant. "Wow! everywhere seems so busy, a lot of people are really enjoying here." I say Inwardly.

"Hello, I'm Leah, welcome to candy's stake house, what can I get ya?" A pretty girl about my age says with a forced smile on her face.

"Er...I wanna see the manager. I'm not buying anything today." I said immediately.

I'm so rude, did I say today? Curse my lies.

"Oh! okay. Right this way then." she glanced at me and ushered me to an inner door.
Hmm, she smells so good.

* * *

"Feel this form and get back on Monday miss--" The middle aged woman with curly hair says to me.

"Andrea Parker. Thank you so much!" I said as I made my way to the door.

"You're cool?" Leah hollers me.

"Yup! I'll be here tomorrow, see you!"

I didn't wanna tell her yet, besides, I wasn't sure of getting the job.

I entered my car and drove out of the arena feeling better at least. I wanted to keep my mind off the whole loneliness and boredom.

Sometimes I wish that my mom was here, at least I would have a partner to talk to, share my thoughts with and just hang around with. Taking a job doesn't mean that my dad can't provide but I can't keep depending on him too much. I just want to be ' The Andrea Parker ' and not just a girl who's alone and dependent.

Traffic came a little early today and it was annoying. The cops are here today and I certainly don't know why but I'm a little nervous about it. Maybe...

Knock knock

"Hi miss, can I see your driver's license?" the cop said.

"Oh boy!" I silently mutter.

I explained things to the cop and after signing some papers, he finally allowed me go on the condition that I should never drive a car when I don't have a license.

***

"I'm back, guys. Andrea, what happened with my car?" My dad blurted out angrily.

Why's the dude angry?

I brought the car the same way it was. Did he hear what happened?

Nah--

"I just went shopping and I needed the car. It's not as if you don't have another. Welcome back home,daddy." I said with the best baby face I've got.

"Thanks darl. Okay, I'll pretend as if all this didn't happen and let you use the car. I give you one week to prove to me that you're liable to maintain it." he said with a smile.

"Awwn Dad, I Love you!" I hugged him and went upstairs.

It took me almost thirty minutes to fill that form, why? because they were asking me a lot of annoying and above all, foolish questions. What encouraged me was the look on Leah's face, she seemed okay with the job and I think I'll be okay with it.

I don't even mention Emily again, it's as if we are drifting apart, No calls,texts and all that. I need to talk to her.

"Hi, where have you been?"

"Hey boo. I've been so busy lately and I couldn't stop by. Plus, I don't really have time for myself. I am so sorry for not chatting up."

"It's Fine. When will you be free?"

"Monday, after school. I'll personally come to get you." she chuckles on the other end.

"Okay. See you then. Take care."

"Yeah." And I hung up.

A)n; Don't forget to hit that little star at the end.