9.

Anika's POV

It has been a month now and Donald, my boyfriend hasn't called and I am already getting really upset about it. I love like him though but without him my life is plane.

ugh! I feel weird saying that.

My father got me into this hot mess and it sucks, really hard, every single person in my family avoid me like a plague and it bothers me. I actually feel that there's a betrayer in my life, someone that is selling me out to the person . Sometimes, I ask myself, is there a problem with me? Life is really hard!

"Hi Princess, How was school today?" My dad walks into my room wearing a tux stood before me. Whenever he wears corporate clothes, especially a tux, it means he has a function or a party to attend. Today is one of those days.

I snap out of my thoughts

"Hi daddy. how was the party. For the first time you didn't get drunk, I'm so happy for you. And about school, it was okay, the usual days." I fake a smile and press my phone.

He knew I wasn't doing okay, kind of has this sense of seeing through me. "Honey, I know something isn't right. What's wrong?" He said with that don't-lie-to-me face.

"It's nothing though." I shrug.

"You see, I do know what is wrong."

"You do?"

He takes hold of my hand and I feel a stray tear fall down my eyes. "Yes. It's about your relationship. Your boyfriend and fitting in. You know what honey? It takes courage and determination to make it work. Learn to appreciate, love and care about others and I bet it'll work."

"Wow dad! Thanks. You made me feel better now. Thank you so much." I said as I stood up to hug him.

To be frank, I haven't been a nice person and I think I'll change.

Maybe, not sure, I think so.

I quickly ran to the bathroom, I did my hygiene, took a black Adidas sweater with a crazy shorts and a cowboy boots.

"Hey girl. I need you now, it's really urgent." I said to Mindy.

"I hope nothing is wrong? I'm on my way."

"Okay."

                             *  *  *

"Hey! This is the first time you actually call me. What's the news? What's up?" My best friend, Mindy said before handing me a granola bar.

"I'm sorry about that. We have been close friends sorry best friends for a while now and I noticed that anytime I have issues with Don, you seem to back out." I paused to take out of my snack.

"Uh. . .nope. I don't uh-- I don't wanna get into your thing. I want you guys to have your space, you know?" I noticed she had a change of attitude on, like she wasn't comfortable with the discussion.

"Okay? But at least intervene sometimes. I watch your back, you watch mine and we keep going on and on. At least, a little help from a friend can help to spice up my relationship. Let's change topic, when are you going on a vacation?"

Mindy's POV

Phew, that was so close. She would have thought about something else, you know how she can be. She hates being kept in the dark. At least my first plan worked. Sorta like a plan.

Anika's POV

This girl is acting up. I really need to know whatever that is going on. She sems off a bit, maybe she's just thinking of how her perfect her relationship will be, I guess.

"So, what do we do about the vacation this time, any plans?" I say as I check my phone.

"I don't know. I guess I'll just chill, attend parties, hang out, enjoy the beach life, chill."

I knew it! something's definitely wrong.

"Okay. But I'll be bringing the girls this year and Don of course." I say that last part loud, hoping to see her reaction.

"I think I need to go." She says uncomfortably. "I've got to attend to a few things then head to my mom's. Thanks for the company and drive safely too." She walks out without even glancing at me.

A/n; I have really deviated a lot, I'm sorry though. I'll skip this people for a while and focus on Andrea and the others.