Chapter 30- Princess Returns

William

I receive a call from Lucas that they will arrive today with Jacqueline and her friends. Sa sobrang saya ko, binalita ko agad sa magulang ko. And the servants knew that she will arrive and so was the elite.

Dumating ang bagong bishop sa palasyo kasunod ang mga member ng Elite Family. We received them in the Throne Room. Nakatayo sa tabi ko si mama. Pinipigilan ako sa kung ano man ang gusto kong sabihin sa kanila.

"Your Majesties, Your Highness." Bati ng bagong Bishop. Sumunod na bumati ang mga alipores na kasunod niya.
"We heard that the new Princess will arrive soon and we are here to inform you that the Royal Court is requesting to trial the new Princess if she deserves the crown." Sabi ng bishop.

"You are bringing shame to this country." My father replied.
"You think that a woman who has a different skin color, different upbringing will not be suitable to be my son's wife?"
"That is not our intention, Your Majesty." Sagot ng Bishop.
"Our intention is purely good. We love our country and we are willing to do this drastic step to be certain that Princess Jacqueline can truly rule with Prince William."

"And if you found her lacking? What will the Elite do to my bride?" Pinigilan ni mama ang balikat ko.
"Your Highness, if the Princess is lack of understanding of our culture, tradition, law, and basic language, we will suggest that you open the possibility to find a wife that is purely a Cordonian." Sagot ng Bishop. Nagngitian ang mga babae na member ng Royal Court. Disgusting...

"We hired an expert in language Your Majesty. A third party that can evaluate the Princess on her language." Magalang napaliwanag ng tatay ni Charlotte. The family for traitors... It runs in their blood.

Pinigilan ni mama kung ano man ang sasabihin ko. Dumating na sila Lucas at Henry. Kasunod nila si Jacqueline at ang mga kaibigan namin. Her hair was in a braid again like the last time I saw her in this Throne room. She's wearing skinny jeans and a plain black shirt. Her Dr.Martens boots are like combat boots she wore last time.

She's looking at the crowd gather in here as she passes them. She smile at me when her eyes landed on me. She's here... She's finally here. She executes a perfect curtsy and our friends followed while trying not to laugh.

"Your Majesties, Your Highness... Princess Jacqueline is here together with her friends." Lucas bowed and leave Jacqueline in front of us.

"I was informed that my presence is needed, Your Majesty." She said to my father. Nagsimulang gumalaw ang mga balikat ng mga kaibigan namin sa likuran niya. She looked at them and gave them a scolding face. Wala siyang pakialam kung makita pa siya ng mga tao sa likuran nila.

"Princess Jacqueline, it's so nice to see you. The Bishop, together with the Royal Court is happy to see you as well." Matalim na tiningnan ng tatay ko ang mga tao sa likuran.
"Bishop Albert, the Princess is here. Might as well start to talk to her." Bumalik ang tingin ng hari kay Jacqueline and he smiled at her.

Inakay ni Henry ang mga kaibigan namin na naguguluhan sa nangyayari papunta sa gilid ko.

"William, anong kalokohan meron dito?" Tanong sa akin ni King. Napatingin si mama sa kanila saka ngumiti.
"Kanina pa nga ako nagngingitngit sa kanila. Baka gusto nyong patulan, be my guest." I replied.

Nakakunot ang noo ni Jacqueline na tumingin sa akin bago humarap kay Bishop Albert at tumalikod sa amin. Humarap siya sa Royal Court na nanonood sa kanya na nakataad ang noo.

"Princess Jacqueline..." Simula ng Bishop.
"Bishop Alberto de Santino." Bati ni Jacqueline. Nagulat ang Bishop ng banggitin niya ang buong pangalan niya.
"We saw your bravery in front of Theo wearing our crown and therefore by the law you are our new princess." Simula ni Bishop. Hindi kumibo si Jacqueline.
"We were informed that you used to work as a chambermaid before the Coronation Night." Tinaas ni Jacqueline ang isang kamay niya to stop the Bishop.
"I was a soldier doing an intelligence mission at that time. Please correct your facts." Jacqueline said.
"Right, Princess. My apologies, and as per the report, you can not speak fluent French which is our main language in Cordonia... And with regards to this..." Tinaas ulit ni Jacqueline ang kamay niya to stop the Bishop. Natatawa ang mga kaibigan ko sa gilid.

"Is he serious?" Gab asked me.
"I'm afraid he is. Nakakatawa di ba?" Sagot ko sa kanya.

"I see Ms. Wilkins besides Lord Winterbourne. Did you hire her to test me?" Jacqueline gestured for the woman they hired besides Charlotte's father. Kilala nya?
"Ma'am Jackie. It's so nice to see you in here." Nakangiting bati ng babae.
"I assume that you knew our new Princess, Ms. Wilkins." Lord Winterbourne said to her.
"Well, she was my professor in Australia before she joined the training for the military. She is one of the youngest multi-lingual professors at Adeline University. She can speak, understand and write more than ten languages. I don't understand why you want me to test her skills in the language. She can even speak Occitan." Ms. Wilkins replied.

"I see your intention on here." She said to the crowd.

Humarap si Jacqueline sa tatay ko. "May I ask your permission to talk to them Your Majesty... freely if may I add."
"By all means Princess." Sagot ng hari. Humarap ulit si Jacqueline sa kanila.
"Bishop Albert, I am not stupid to fall to your charades that you are doing this to protect Cordonia. I gain my right by your law. And if you are so sure of your law, there is nothing written there to test a Prince or a Princess that obtains his or her rights by law." She said.
"But there is a law on National Security Section under Clause 15 that says, any member of the family that commits a TREASON to the throne, three generations of the family should be put in prison." Tumingin si Jacqueline sa akin saka ngumisi. Hindi ko maiwasan tumawa.

"Lord Winterbourne, are you aware of that law?" Balik natanong ni Jacqueline sa kanya.
"I have nothing to do with this, Your Highness." Sagot nito.
"Really? Well, let me remind you of my loyalty to the King, as I am one of the few who stop the kidnapping three years ago where one of the Elite's daughters was involved in the planning of that crime."
Tumingin si Jacqueline kay Lord Winterbourne. Pinakatitigan nya ito hanggang magyuko ito ng ulo sa hiya.
"I am loyal to the Queen as I risked my life to take her place as a hostage when no one in all of here steps up to take her place. Not that I'm bragging it." Nag-iwas ng tingin ang mga nasa harapan ni Jacqueline.
"And I am loyal to the Prince, as I loved him when he has no crown on his head and no title in his name. You will get through me if you want to hurt this family again and I will warn you that I am sharper than your tongue Bishop Albert. And Ladies, if you want to get my crown, name your second on a duel, I will not turn you down."

Humarap ulit si Jacqueline sa hari. "That's all Your Majesty." She said.

"So, you heard the Princess. Anything else you want to say to her? I am really having fun watching her eating you alive." Lucas said to them. One by one, they leave the Throne Room.

"What a welcome party you had for me!" She said sarcastically said to me.
Without thinking that this may raise some questions about my intention to her, I rose from my chair and went straight to her. And kiss her in front of my family and friends.

God, I miss her...

"I love you." I murmured.
"Love you too." She whispered to me. Shy type si Jacqueline.