Mayhem 1: Loss

Mayhem 1: Winter is beautiful, yet cold.

----

I stood there on the hill where I always went and stared at the sunset. The sky was turning orange, and in my perspective, it was turning bloody red.

I waited for the signal. It should be visible right about...

Now.

I took my gun out and pointed it at the sky, pulling the trigger and caused a loud bang. I immediately retreated to the venue where the squad was supposed to meet.

----

8 years ago...

"Where are we going?" I cheerfully asked while brushing my hair, focusing on the mirror.

I glanced at the tall figure that I adored so much, the one I looked up to throughout my entire life...

"Where are we going?"

My older sister.

She was an exquisite and a well-trained woman. No one can compare to her. She's kind and warm, thus she is very reliable.

She acted as my guardian when our parents passed away.

She was only 15 years old. My aunt and uncle were in charge of the organization our parents held... and she is the rightful heir to it. My aunt thought that she was too young to handle it, so she decided to take responsibility until my sister turns 20.

"Well, where do you want to go?" she sheepishly asked.

"To the park!" I exclaimed with a bubbly tone.

She smiled at me and mouthed "Okay." We decided to get ready to go out. I wore my coat as she laced up her boots. I was only 10 years old, one step before leaving the age of innocence.

"Miss Winter!" a soft yell came from the door. It sounded like a boy, a boy's voice which I have never heard before.

"Ah, is that the boy from the park yesterday?" my sister yelled back.

"Yes, it's me!"

She rushed to the door and opened it, revealing a boy seemingly the same as my age.

"Oh, it's you again! Uhm... Aidan, right?" my sister greeted.

"Yes! It's you who gave me this name, so you can call me Aidan," he replied with a smile.

His eyes looked around and was set on me. "Who's that?" he asked while pointing at me. I shyly hid behind my sister while looking at the young figure.

He has amber colored eyes, which I thought was beautiful. He has fair skin and chestnut brown hair. I stared at him for a while while grabbing on to my sister's coat from behind.

"She's my sister," she said while softly pushing me in front of her.

"Oh... hi there, I'm Aidan! I grew up without knowing who my parents were so I don't know what my real name is. So your sister gave me this name. I'm glad to meet you!" he said with glee. He offered his hand and I accepted it. His hand felt warm and I felt my cheeks slightly heat up.

"Where are you going?" he instantly asked, noticing that we were dressed for the outdoors.

"The park, do you want to join us?" my sister suggested and he nodded.

We walked our way to the park. My sister and Aidan were having a conversation while I quietly listened to their chat. Snow was all over the place, but the aura from the three of us felt warm... it felt cozy.