Mayhem 10: Surveillance

Mayhem 10: Just watch.
----

Claire's PoV

"Why didn't you ask permission?!"

It's already midnight and Nova is still scolding me. I'm already getting tired of it.

"Because I know you're not gonna let me out anyway."

"Now is not the time to act like a child Claire!"

Since when did I even started acting like one? I never experienced a proper childhood anyway!

I only sighed as a response. I'm losing my appetite just listening to every bicker that I hear.

Please stop.

Ryu came to the kitchen with earmuffs. "Ugh. Nova can you please stop? Atleast say your conclusion right now. You two aren't the only people in the house."

And this is exactly why the three of us shouldn't live together.

"Claire, you can go somewhere else anytime and anywhere as long as you tell us. We are comrades, aren't we? Losing one of us would be a heavy loss," he added while turning away and heading back upstairs.

There he goes again with using the term "Comrade". It's already sickening though, knowing that there's a possibility that he might be Aidan. I mean, just think that he is Aidan. He seems like a hypocrite going out and talking about loyalty and comradeship.

I'm not in the mood to talk about it right now. I'm just tired.

"Hey Ryu," I paused as I stood up. "Could you lend me a phone?"

"What?"

He stopped shuffling steps and turned back to us with a face of shock. "You want a phone?"he asked.

"Is there anything wrong with that?"

"No, not really. It's just that... it's out of the blue. It's so sudden... uhm... what brand do you want? Color? Name it."

Nova took a glass of water and splashed a small amount on Ryu. "Do you even have enough cash for that? We can just lend her one of our old phones."

"You guys sound like my parents."

I turned my head away from the scene and looked down. "As if I knew my parents that well," I mumbled to myself.

"Eew," they said in unison and stepped away from each other. They both looked disgusted.

"Shut up Man-Puncher-Who-Doesn't-Have-A-Love-Life."

"Go jump off a cliff Guy-Who-Is-An-Idiot-And-Is-Proud."

He proudly posed while leaning on the counter. "Yeah, I am proud that I'm an idiot.... But remember that I can go past your search history. I wonder... How many times have you searched about Korean arti—"

"Okay, just... shut up already."

Talk about having them as parents. I bet that they'll be arguing about nonsense things almost everyday.

"Yeah, but can I have a phone?" I piped in.

They stopped talking and looked at me. What? I didn't say anything wrong, right?

I'm probably correct. I was never wrong.

Nova sat beside me and gave me a confused look. "What made you want a phone all of the sudden?"

"Means of communication. I won't blend in if I carry a radio with me."

Ryu smiled and rested his hand on my shoulder. "She has a good point. Well, you can have my phone if you want."