Mayhem 6: Monochrome

Mayhem 6: Black and white are what people see when all they feel is agony.

----

Claire's PoV

"What do you mean that we're moving tomorrow?!" Nova yelled.

I facepalmed and Ryu just gave a comforting smile. The meeting room was a mess. Nova literally flipped the table... like, literally.

"The venue is set and was already bought by the government so we have to move in. That's what Miss Maddison ordered," he replied while putting his hand on his nape.

I crossed my arms and glared "And why exactly am I going with you?"

"Well... I don't really know. Orders are orders."

I rolled my eyes and sat down. I can accept any orders other than this. I don't want to go undercover in that area.

Nova pulled her haired lightly in frustration. She didn't want to go either for some reason. I'm guessing that she doesn't want be involved because of the short notice.

"I have nothing prepared. Nova out," she said as she raised her hands and left the room. It was only Ryu and I who were left inside the meeting room.

"So uhmm... are we gonna clean this up?" He asked out of the blue.

"Do you want to get punishments?"

"Hmm... let's just clean up."

He returned the table to its normal position and fixed the books in the shelves. I picked up the pieces of paper that scattered on the floor. Nova left a disaster in this room, which is very unlikely of her.

The room was tidied up when we left. It didn't take more than ten minutes to clean the whole room.

Next appointment: Interrogation.

I walked towards the interrogating room and Ryu followed from behind. It felt uncomfortable since those incidents. For some reason, I feel kind of creeped out.

"What are we gonna ask these folks anyway?"

I turned to him and waved the checklist I was holding and said one word: "Questions."

He slow clapped and moved forward a bit. I turned my back against him and opened the door. All three of them were present and tied up.

"About time you came," one of them said.

I looked at my checklist and viewed their profiles. Finally, I can address them by proper identity.

"Mr. Paul Ian Schmitz a.k.a Mr. Stout Guy," I announced.

"Present."

I looked at my checklist again. This name is hard to pronounce. I gritted my teeth and glanced at the guy.

"Mr. Haym Weys? How the heck do you read this?"

"It's pronounced as Hay-Meh Waiys."

"Yeah yeah. Jaime Weiss."

"Learn how to respect you elders kid!"

I rolled my eyes and he shot a glare at me.

"Yeah sure. Grandpa Jaime Weiss."

He narrowed his eyes at me. I'm believe he is sending me a message. I can't really tell what's happening with him but I must be careful at all costs.

"Mr. Timothy Stranger?"

The tall man stared at me quietly. Yep, that's him. What a strange name though.

"I assume that's all of them. Are you sure that these aren't aliases, Ryu?"