Mayhem 7: Words

Mayhem 7: Words are like knives as they play with our lives.

----

Claire's PoV

I leaned back at my chair and stared at the ceiling. "August Lucius," I thought. The name kept echoing in my head. But...

Something feels a little odd though.

"You sure? Because that sounds like a weird name," Ryu commented.

"Shut up Ryu," Nova reacted.

He held his hands high and waved. them a bit "Okay, okay. I was just kidding."

Yes, it definitely seems like a weird name.

"I assume that we can go now?" Mr. Stranger plainly said. I scoffed as the start of my answer.

"Nope."

Two of them jaw dropped from my reply. Did I say that they can go? Well, maybe yes. But...

Did I say that I mean it?

"Why would we let you go when all this happened? I mean, let's not play dumb. Surely you would report about this incident. It's what anyone could do."

I stood up from my chair and walked towards them, slightly bending to get a closer view of the three of them.

" Join us. "

The unexpected offer surprised everyone in the room. A White Array giving out a deal to a Dark Legion soldier. This isn't something you'd see everyday, is it?

"E-Excuse me?" Mr. Schmitz asked.

I straightened my back as I whipped a pen out of my pocket and pointed it at them.

"You-" I trailed off as I motioned the men towards the three of them "-will be joining the White Array."

They looked at each other as if they were debating through telepathy. I rolled my eyes as I returned to  the chair and sat back down.

"Don't like the offer? We both can benefit it," I explained.

"Oh yeah? Like how can that benefit us?" Mr. Weiss responded.

"Good question!" I started while jotting down notes on the checklist. It's been an hour already and yet I'm still here in this room. I'm getting bored.

I looked at them before glancing at the list of ideas I made.

"Well, you can still live. You'll get topmost treatment for the next few weeks. Free food... which are international dishes, stable cash, free house, medical... Name it."

I feel like an awkward negotiator here. Where's Miss Adelaide when you needed her?

Oh well. Looks like I have to deal with it like I always do.

"That's if you want to live, of course. Death is also welcomed. After all, death may not be the best option but it still is an option," I added.

Threatening on point.

"Look Ms. Kill-Us-All. Let's just have a deal" Mr. Schmitz paused and looked at the other two "How about we don't betray the Dark Legion and serve the White Array as well?"

I shook my head in disapproval. I know what you're up to, old man.

"My, my. Is this the resurrection of the Gray hats? It's very brave of you to try that but we all know about you're little plan. You would later betray us and favor the Legion. Well, that's just clichè, don't you think so?"