Mayhem 11: Desiderata

Mayhem 11: What do you really desire?
----

Claire's PoV

I'm already tipping on my toes yet I couldn't reach it. Why and how did it even get stuck up there?

I swear that if I don't get any taller by the next few years, I'll wipe out all the tall people lile Ryu... and this guy.

"Give it back, Lennox. I swear that I'll stab you as a warning and it would look like a bloody accident," I sternly said while hitting his shoulder.

Why is this guy freaking tall?!

"For a girl, you sure know how to punch... but gain more height while you can, will you? You're 18 and you'll stop growing by 20."

"Being a six-footer like you would be weird, idiot!"

For your information, I'm 5'7". From the looks of it... yes, he might be above six feet. This giant- are you testing my patience?!

And I thought Ryu was the only idiot I had to worry about. It turns out that his kind never runs out.

"I just came here to give this stupid thing back," I demanded as I shoved the jacket towards his chest. "Now give me back my phone!"

He only wore the same annoying grin. "Using the phone on the road would lead to either loss of money or loss of a life... well, maybe both," he replied.

I came all the way here just to return the jacket he left behind. I managed to inform him of our meet up with the number he left along with the jacket. I told him that I'd just leave it at one spot but he didn't want to. He annoyed me. And so, here I am.

Yes, I went through all that trouble to convince Nova and Ryu to let me out just for a jacket.

I tried to threaten him but his responses were precisely the same.

"Return it or I'll stab you."

He only shook his head and shifted his gaze towards phone. His eyes widened when his gaze met the photo displayed on the screen.

"So... is this your brother?" he asked with a hint of disbelief.

Please save my soul from this idiot. Ryu is still fine, honestly...

But calling him my brother just makes it more awkward now that I suspect him.

I had no choice. I only nod my head as a response. His expression changed quickly. "You look nothing a like," he said.

I'll take that as a compliment. I don't want to look like him anyways.

"I get that a lot. Now please return my pho-"

"I see that you get embarrassed when people look at your wallpaper. If you're that embarrassed about it then why won't you change it?"

That.... that is just... cruel. What a cruel being.

I swear that I'll embarrass you by the time I master modern technology.

"Would it be weird if I say that I don't plan on doing so?" I asked while trying to force a smile. The people around us were already giving us weird looks... not to mention that I kept saying "I'll stab you."

"You don't know how to change it, do you?"

I agitatedly looked away and sighed in defeat just moments afterward.

"Yes."

Since when did one wallpaper even start to bother me? It's not like Ryu turned on the GPS while telling me that he just changed the wa-