Mayhem 9: Comrade

Mayhem 9: Who knows which one would stab you at the back during war?

----

Claire's PoV

"Go home. It's not safe."

"Do I know you?" I asked while my right hand gripped on my the pocket knife.

He went down from the branch and stood in front of me. "You don't recall? What weak memory. We just met a while ago," he replied.

A while ago? I just got here a whi-

"I've been calling you out around five times now. You shouldn't put yourself into thoughts while you're walking alone. The streets these days aren't as safe as you thought."

Wait...

"Are you stalking me?" We both asked each other in unison.

I crossed my arms and cleared my throat. On the other hand, he only shifts his gaze away.

"So uhm... are you supposed to be my guardian angel or something?" I asked as I stood up from the bench. "If you are, then you're doing a bad job. You just don't creep out people like that."

He scoffed at my reaction. "I don't even know you. Don't go around and assume. Besides, who would call me an 'angel' anyway?"

I looked at him from head to toe. Red eyes and silver hair?

An albino?

"Good to know. Well, bye then. I'd rather not waste another minute having this conversation," I said while starting walking away from him.

He just stood there. "I never knew that I could annoy you that easily."

I turned around. "Are you calling me an ill-tempered person?" I asked.

"I didn't really say so... I'll leave that to you," he replied.

I walked back towards him and grabbed the neck of his shirt. I gripped on it and lifted him off the ground and pinned him on the tree.

His weight is a bit too much to handle so I might end up throwing him back to the tree branch.

"Listen. I am not ill-tempered... but I will be if you won't shut that stupid mouth of yours."

"That's harsh. We both wouldn't want to accuse you of attempted murder though."

This man is just plain annoying.

I gritted my teeth and unconsciously let go of him.

"Just... shut up idiot."

I shifted my gaze and walked away. I hope this guy would get run over by a car... or maybe get struck with lightning.

Either way, I hope he dies. His existence is not needed in this world.

"The name's Luciel Lennox," he said.

"I didn't ask for your name. Stop talking to me."

"I didn't tell you to react."

"I didn't tell you to talk back."

"Neither did I."

I rolled my eyes and tilted my head sidewards. He flinched when I started glaring at him.

"Stop giving me that cold look. You'll grow old," he said while putting his hand on my shoulder.

Swiftly, I shoved his hand away and pulled out my pocket knife. "Don't touch me."

He tried mimicking my voice and action. "Nyeh Nyeh. Don't touch me. Fear me because I can stab you with this little knife."

"That's not how I sound."