Hingang Malalim

MD: Nak, tara na. Late na tayo. Ang grupo nasa loob na.
Sarah: My, sige po. Hindi po kasi sumasagot si Matt. (Keeps her phone on her ear as she dialled again)
MD: Di ba sabi mo may taping siya? Baka siya yung nasa eksena.
Sarah: Eh kasi hindi na kami nagkita and matagal pa ang balik natin.
MD: Naku...naiintindihan naman ni Matteo yun. Alam naman niya na pupunta ka talaga sa kasal ni Shin and bad timing lang na may trabaho rin siya at hindi nakasama. At tsaka sure naman ako na magtatawagan kayo araw araw kahit sa US tayo. Mga batang ito... o ayan na may tumatawag (points to her phone)
Sarah: Hello?
Matt: Lovey, hi! Sorry I wasn't able to answer kaagad. It's my part na kasi. Are you guys boarding in a while?
Sarah: Eh kasi naman...na miss na kita. Hindi na tayo nagkita before I go. Nandito na kami sa airport pero wala pang boarding.
Matt: Love...look let us think that it will be just quick ok? Ingat ka dun and don't forget to eat. When I saw your schedule I am a bit worried but I am sure you will do great. I love you!
Sarah: I love you too. Call me ha?
Matt: Surely. Everyday before and after every show. Ok? I will miss you big time. (Sighs)
Sarah: I guess this will be longest tour I have.
Matt: We will get through this. How's the wedding? Nag cry na naman ba ang baby ko?
Sarah: Ihh...ikaw talaga. Siempre may konting luha...best friend ko e. Basta happy ako for Shin. She really deserve someone who truly love her. Martin is one great guy. Kahit ngayon lang talaga kami nagkakilala ng mabuti and had a conversation.
Matt: That's good. So naimagine mo na ba ang wedding natin? (Teases her)
Sarah: Che! Hindi ka pa nga nagtatanong! (Smiles)
Matt (chuckles): You know I wanted to several times to ask you to marry me but you made it clear na not now. Kaya ba nagparinig ka na noong concert mo? I love you baby....with all my heart and I can't wait  to make you officially my better half.
Sarah: Aw...Lovey naman e. Don't make me all kilig na si Mommy ay few steps away lang. Hindi ako nagpaparinig ha?!(Giggles)
Matt (chuckles): OK ok...sabi mo e. Go na. I will super duper miss you. Mwah!!!

This is me US tour turned out to be a success. He also made sure she can still feel his presence even when they are away from each other. Nagpadeliver pa ito ng flowers sa hotel ni Sarah. They are on their 3rd show and ito yung may worry si Matt on her schedule. The show ended later than expected and the team has to fly off to Vegas for the next show.
Matt: Lovey, try to have a good sleep on the way to Vegas. We don't have to talk before the show tomorrow. Ok? (Told her as they facetimed as the group were on their way sa airport)
Sarah: Ok. Medyo namamalat na nga ako. (She said with a slightly hoarse voice)
Matt: I love you. We won't talk long na. Drink more water and get some rest ok? Call me after the Vegas concert no calls before. I miss you. 3 more shows...then we will see each other.
Sarah (smiles): I love you (she whispered)

MG: Hey son. What's with worried look?
Matt: Ma, Sarah is not answering my calls. I have this weird feeling that something is not right.
MG: Bakit hindi mo tawagan si Makoy or si Louie? Or better yet si Divine. Nahihilo ako sa iyo sa kakaikot mo.
Matt: I tried calling Makoy and Tita Divine pero no answer din. By this time tapos na ang show. I saw on twitter na umiyak siya. She's really really tired I guess. I just want to make her feel that I am just here for her.
MG: Ok ok calm down. Maybe they were just comforting her or everybody just want to support her. Just wait for a few minutes. Tatawag din yun. Sarah may look frail but for a time I've known her...she is one strong lady. She is a lot tougher than most of us think. Your Papa and I love her like a daughter and really thankful that you have her. I know how much you love her and she loves you. Just be a shoulder she can lean on....Ok son? (Kiss his cheek) You need to relax. Sit down and I will get you some chiller.

Matt: Bai! How's Sarah? (Answers his phone as Makoy called)
Makoy: Boss, nandun kasama ang Mommy nya kinakausap ang mga fans.
Matt: Is she ok?
Makoy: Grabe ang iyak boss. Halos wala kasi kaming tulog. Kami nga pagod na tumutogtog eh lalo pa siya na kumakanta, nagsasalita at sumasayaw. Natapos naman niya ang show. Bilib nga ang buong grupo sa kanya. Hindi sumusuko.
Matt: Crap! How I wish I am there! (Sighs) Can you tell her I called? Whenever she wishes she can call me back anytime. Kahit anong oras.
Makoy: Sige Boss. Makakarating....gusto mo hug ko siya para sa yo?
Matt: Don't you dare!!! Huwag na!
Makoy (chuckles): Boss naman o. Hindi mabiro.

Sarah: Lovey! I guess you have heard na or nakita mo na sa social media?
Matt: Yes love. Hey....don't cry na ok? Nasa room ka na ba?
Sarah (sobs): Oo. Si Mommy nasa banyo. Masama lang kasi ang loob ko. Nagbayad ang mga tao ng mahal na ticket and I am not in my top condition. Nagpanic ako....sa pagkanta ko ng Forever's not enough namaos at parang wala ng boses. I walked out (cried)
Matt: Hey....love. Sssshhh..stop crying na please.  Your fans adore you and I know they understand. You gave your all and you even finish the show with flying colors.
Sarah: Eh kasi naman...parang nadisappoint ko sila. I just want people to be happy. Gusto ko ang talent ko ang instrument na mapasaya sila....maentertain. Naghihinayang ako na first time ko magshow sa Vegas at ganun pa ang nangyari.
Matt (sighs....God he wants to fly there at this moment and hug her tight): Baby....hush na ok? People understand. You have worked so hard all your life....don't be too hard on yourself. Meron talagang pagkakataon na our body just feels the pressure. Napapagod din tayo. We are just human you know?
Sarah: I know...pero hindi rin maiwasan na madisappoint ko mismo ang sarili ko (sobs)
Matt: Love...listen. It is ok to feel tired sometimes. It is not your fault you feel that way. It is part for being human. Tao lang tayo napapagod din. What is important is we are able to stand from a fall and learn from it. You have worked so much all your life, so it's normal to have a breakdown considering the fact na kulang ka talaga sa pahinga in between shows. Ok?....Breathe deeply....breathe in and out. Scrap out all your worries...you are amazing as always for your fans and for the people who loves you dearly. Nandito lang kami. Now rest now baby. Ok? I love you...if only I am there I will give you a big fat kiss and a really tight hug. I love you....I love you...I love you! Smile na please....
Sarah (smiles): Thank you. I feel a little better now. I love you too.
Matt: Sleep tight and say good night also to Tita for me. Good night! Mwah!

The next few days Sarah is mainly on every news. They called each other everyday and she feels better. Matt has been busy promoting his movie with Shaina and as much as he wanted to avoid questions about Sarah hindi maiwasan. Their friends and people close to them send their messages for Sarah and he would forward it to her. He felt that he need to get a message across to her. Kahit na malayo sila sa isa't isa. He rarely post on instagram and he carefully chose their pictures in his files and placed the perfect caption.

Sarah woke up the next day and checked her phone. She still received messages from her closest friends almost everyday. They made sure that she feels ok. She was surprised to see a message from Teacher G telling her to open her social media site. She checked her twitter account and saw what Teacher G wants her to see. Matt posted a sweet message with their photos in Palawan....bringing back happy memories. She smiled widely....though she tells Matt to refrain posting about them on social media but she knows that her boyfriend really knows when to post. It sent flutters to her heart and she felt blessed to be loved by someone like him.
Matt: Hey love. How are you? How's my baby?
Sarah: I am feeling great Lovey! Thank you. I love you and I miss you too.
Matt (smiles): Ang taas naman ng energy. Did you see it?
Sarah: Yes. Thank you. What did I do to deserve you?
Matt: Lovey, I should be the one asking you that. (Chuckles) I am glad it makes you feel better. Pero Love I mean every word. I am just here....I love you and I miss you so much. Two more shows baby.
Sarah: Yes Love. Two more shows and mas ganado na akong tapusin ang tour.
Matt: Ayaw mo kasi akong pasundin diyan e. Pwede naman daw ako hindi sumama sa Giro de Luca this year sabi ni Papa. Hindi din naman ako nakapagtrain ng maayos dahil sa trabaho e.
Sarah: Love, sabi ko naman sa yo huwag na. May movie pa kayo ni Shaina tapos ok naman ako.
Matt: I can't wait to see you. I miss you sooo much. Good luck on your last two shows. Remember....hingang malalim (smiles)....Just breathe.
Sarah: Oo na. Kanta ko kaya yan (chuckles)
Matt: That's my girl. Nice to hear you laugh again. I love you!
Sarah: I love you!

She thought....there are a lot of things to be thankful for. I should not let what other people say affects me. What is important is my family and the people who I hold close to my heart. Hingang malalim Sarah....you will do just fine.

Author's note

I'm back from a long rest! Pasensya na po. I have been busy with my personal events. Hopefully you like this short update 😊