Old Friends Reuniting

Chapter 18

Cameron's POV

It was a windy night tonight. It was started to become fall, so it was starting to get chilly every night. The wind only made it colder.

I had just finished training with Jay and I was now walking home. Probably not the smartest idea with everything that's going on. But Jay had to stay to help someone new train for a big fight. He tried to take me home, or have Patty take me. But I really just wanted to walk. Give me time to collect my thoughts.

What was I going to do? Jack is tracking my every move. He's not going to stop. How can I escape him?

My thoughts were interrupted when I ran into someone. We both fell to the ground. I groaned out in pain. My butt would be bruised later.

"What the hell, chick? Watch where you're go- CAMERON!?" The person shrieked my name. I looked at them closer and realized who it was.

"EVIE??" We both got up on our feet and hugged each other. Evie was my old childhood friend. We lost contact after high school when we left to start our lives. I didn't know she was in New York. "What are you doing here?" I asked when he parted from our hug.

"I live here! Boston wasn't cutting it." She shrugged. That's right. She got accepted to Harvard.

"How long have you been here?"

"Only a few months. I graduated from Harvard early so I wanted to see some place new. We had always talked about coming here as kids. I'm glad you actually did it."

We were both walking now.

"We should defiantly catch up. It's been way too long." I told her. I sighed and looked at the  ground. I could really use a friend after everything that's happened. Sure, there's Nick. But I don't know if I should tell him about this yet. Evie on the other hand. She was my best friend. I could tell her anything. She was the first person I called after I lost my virginity. She was the person I called after I did anything new and exciting.

"Defiantly. We could hang out now? I was only walking back home, so I'm not busy."

"Great, me too." We started walking towards my apartment. Once we arrived, we walked in and got settled on the couch. We talked about everything that's happened since we last saw each other.

She was engaged to a guy named Brandon, but they broke it off. She said they had lost the feeling they had in the beginning and she just wasn't happy anymore. I told her about Jay. I told her that I reconnected with my family. She was really happy that my mother was doing much better. I left out the part about Jack though. I'd tell her later. Right now, I just wanted to be happy with my best friend.

"So," she started. "When do I get to meet Jay?" As soon as she asked, we heard the door unlocking.

"Right now, I guess." I shrugged and laughed. Jay walked in and saw the two of us sitting on the couch staring at him.

"Um." I could tell he was uncomfortable, I mean, we were just staring at him. "Hello"

"Hi! I'm Evie."

"I'm Jay."

"Jay, Evie was my old friend in Chicago. Best friends since I was 8."