Phone Calls

Chapter 11

Cameron's POV

Its been a few weeks since the accident. I've been having really bad nightmares and horrible panic attacks. I'm paranoid that Jack is going to show up and hurt me again. I'm even more paranoid that he'll hurt Jay, and that's the last thing I want. Speaking of Jay, he's a pain in the butt. He won't let me do anything myself, since he's afraid I'll hurt myself. But I can walk fine now. My ribs are better and my bruised thigh is almost better. I'm thankful that he's here for me and helping me, but sometimes I want to be alone and do things myself.

Mary has called and texted me multiple times, but I refuse to talk to her. Jay told me what she did and I didn't believe it at first. But then she started calling and texting, begging for forgiveness and I just knew it was true. I'm honestly heartbroken that my best friend would do something like that to me.

"Babe, I'm going to the store. Do you want anything?" Jay poked his head through the bathroom door.

"JAAAY! IM TAKING A SHIT, GET OUTTT!" I yelled and slammed the door shut. I heard him laugh and I rolled my eyes playfully. I slowly opened the door and looked at him. "Can you get me some tampons, please? And maybe some ibuprofen?" I pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

"Sure thing, love." He smiled then walked away. I closed the door and continued with my business.

Jay was great. Honestly, I'm so happy to have someone like him with me. I don't deserve someone as amazing as him. He's saved my life twice now. I can never repay him for that. Never. I feel like a burden though. I have so many problems at the moment, and I feel awful because he never gets to spend time with his friends anymore. I tell him I'm alright, but he's scared that I'm going to have a breakdown again.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I held my phone tightly in my hands with my thumb hovering over their contact. I wanted to call so bad, but I was scared.

"Cam, whatcha doing?" He asked as he sat next to me on the balcony. He looked over my shoulder and sighed. "Just call her. I know you've been wanting to ever since she sent you that email."

"I'm scared. I haven't talked to my mother since I left." I whispered.

"Cammy, its obvious she misses you. Call her. Don't worry about your brother, alright? Just worry about your mom." He kissed my temple and I nodded. I squeezed my eyes shut as I finally pressed the call button. I slowly brought it to my ear and I heard the familiar ringing tone.

"Hello? Cameron? Is that you, sweetie?" My mother sweet voice filled my ears and I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Mom, oh my god, I've missed you so much." I told her. I saw Jay smile out of the corner of my eye.

"I've missed you too, honey."

"How've ya been?" I nervously bit my bottom lip as I stood up and looked over the balcony railing.

"I've been great! We're all doing good. We miss you loads though." She said the last part quieter.

"Mom, I'm pretty sure Adam still hates me for leaving you." I sighed, "I dont know why you don't hate me." I mumbled and looked down.

"Darling, I could never hate you. I love you. And Adam got over it, honestly. He misses you just as much as we all do."

"Really?" I felt my bottom lip quiver as tears formed in my eyes.

"Really. Oh, wait, here he is. ADAM! CAMERONS ON THE PHONE!!" She screamed the last part.

"CAMERON?!" I heard his voice. His voice was deeper now.

"Hey, Adam." I grinned.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Cammy. I regret every single thing I said to you. I love you so much, Cammy."

I started to cry now. "I love you too, Adam."

"You have to come visit us soon, please?" He pleaded. I sniff led and wiped my eyes.

"I'll try to visit as soon as possible, I promise."

"Great. Well mom and I were just about to eat dinner. We'll talk soon, alright? Love ya, sis."

"Love you too." After I said that, he hung up. I put my phone on the table and looked at Jay.

"I told you." Was all Jay said. I smiled and he enveloped me in his arms.

It was later in the day, and Jay and I were cuddled together on the couch while watching Mean Girls. I have seen this movie so many times, that I can recite every line. My face was in the crook of Jays neck, and he surprisingly smelt very good. I kissed his neck and looked up at him. He looked down at me and smiled.

"What was that for?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"I'm just happy to have someone like you with me. I honestly don't know where I'd be without you. Actually, I do. I'd be dead. So thank you so much, Jay." I kissed his lips and I felt him smile into the kiss. He pulled away after a few seconds.

"You don't have to thank me, Cam. I'd risk my life for you any day. As long as I'm with you, nothing bad will ever happen again. I promise." I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just kissed him again.

"Okay, now shh, watch the movie." I laughed and he obeyed.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°

HEY GUYS!! OR THE FEW PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY READ THIS BOOK!! I LOVE YOUUU!! I'm sorry I haven't been updating since july, but I recently moved and we don't have WiFi so I'm updating this on my phone and my phone sucks. I know this is just a filler chapter and its very short, but its the best I can do right now. Kind of having a writers block. I'll try to update frequently though.