The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 09

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job andcollaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 9

While everyone headed back to the compound there was excitement in the air about the party.

About 50 yards into the mile-long Green that began directly across the road from the Manor House, had been assembled a medium sized stage, and a huge bonfire about 25 yards further in. Unmanned tables containing snacks and buckets of drinks had been set up all around the clearing for everyone to enjoy refreshments and the party atmosphere. On the stage were a few microphones, several speakers, a drum kit and several other musical instruments: guitars of different sorts and a tenor sax.

Lily and Dante had decided to slip up to their suite and change before attending the festivities. Dante had changed into his normal look of a tight black t shirt with tan cargo pants and his military boots, while Lily had changed into an attractive red halter dress that looked fantastic on her, but would keep her chest contained and well supported while she danced and celebrated with her mate and her Pack.

Dante had spoken with Odin earlier in the afternoon and had set something up for tonight as a surprise for Lily and the rest of the Pack. As Dante and Lily stepped back outside, they saw Alpha Odin and Madame Alpha Victoria up onstage addressing the Pack, getting ready to kick off the party. Dante took Lily's hand and guided her up onto the stage with him as she followed with a puzzled expression.

Once they arrived, Alpha Odin handed the microphone over to Dante so he could say a few words. Dante grinned, looking sideways at Lily as he spoke into the microphone, excited to surprise his mate.

"Thank you all for coming out tonight and celebrating with us! I have a surprise for everyone to thank you for welcoming me into the Pack, and for celebrating Lily's and my mating.

"Music has been my bastion since I was young. It has spoken to me and soothed my soul throughout my life, helping me through hard times and always remaining a passion of mine. Tonight a few of our Pack members have agreed to join me in an impromptu mini concert, and I'd like to entertain you all, as well as surprise my mate with some live music!"

The crowd cheered, excited for the music to begin, while several people climbed onstage, preparing to play.

Lily was open-mouthed and shocked, not expecting this at all! Dante stepped aside to strap on his old acoustic guitar that he had secretly handed off to Odin earlier in the afternoon in preparation, before walking back downstage to Lily.

"Baby, I want you to stay onstage for at least the first two songs for me: I want to sing those songs to you directly. Can you do that for me?"

Lily was overwhelmed with emotion: nobody had ever done something like this for her before and it was so romantic and special, that tears threatened to spill down her face. Nevertheless she smiled a smile that lit up the night, nodding her head in agreement.

Dante stepped up to the microphone and spoke to the Pack, "I spent the first 25 years of my life alone; I never had any close friends and never a sweetheart, and no place to call home until I met Lily, and all by herself she transformed my life. These first two songs are for her, and I hope you enjoy them too! We're starting tonight off with a song by Dierks Bentley called 'Long Trip Alone'."

Dante glanced at the other musicians, then started playing the guitar and began the song. His voice poured out rich with feeling, and a rich tone like a cross between Haggard and Nelson as he started to sing...