The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 17

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 17

Lily had just enough time when she got back to the suite to shower and change into a green sundress and black flats when she heard a knock on the hallway door. She opened it to see a taller young brunette who had been a friendly acquaintance when she was younger.

"Hi Rose, it's been so long, how are you? Come in please, and make yourself at home."

Rose smiled and walked into the suite. "Thank you Lily, I'm doing well and it's nice to see you again! You've changed so much recently that I hardly recognize you, wow!"

Lily smiled, "My mate is a very special man and he's given me lots of reasons to come out of my shell; he's the one to thank for my recent changes."

Rose hugged Lily. "Well, I like it and it's nice to catch up with you. Congratulations on your mating... that was so hot! Billy and I couldn't keep our hands off each other afterwards... and now you're assuming Madame Alpha Heir responsibilities! I take it that's part of what's prompting this design change you want?"

"Yes it is, you're exactly right. Dante and I want to make this space our own, as well as better fit our needs and new responsibilities. We're looking to make it a bit more mature, but warm and comforting too. We've worked out most of the details, but we also want your input and assistance, as well as your expertise."

Rose and Lily walked all through the suite and discussed the mated couple's ideas and decisions, working out final details. It took a while, but finally both Lily and Rose were satisfied with the plan.

Rose thought the remodel could be done in four days, given enough hands. There was furniture to install, wiring and shelving, painting and trim, and many other things to do, but it could be done.

Lily explained that since they lived here during the week work couldn't be done then, but that the next two weekends they could stay at the Cabin before they were chased out of there by those renovations. Due to the complexities of remodeling both locations, they had a deadline here to make sure everything fell into place so they could always have a place to stay that wasn't under construction. Dante and Lily had discussed it and had decided that time was more precious to them right now than money, as they wanted to start their life and step into their responsibilities without being too distracted by domestic requirements. Dante's argument was that he'd been waiting and saving money his whole life for something like this, so it was time to put that money to good use.

Rose said she was willing and able to see their suite completed during the next two weekends, and they agreed on a price. She would begin ordering everything today, and enough of it should arrive by Friday evening, so the remodeling could begin bright and early on Saturday morning. Some of the custom-made furniture would take longer to arrive, but would arrive by the next weekend, so everything would dovetail nicely.

As Rose was getting ready to leave she told Lily, "Stay in touch and don't be a stranger. I always wanted to get to know you better when we were younger, so I hope we can have a chance now."

Lily hugged Rose and smiled, "I'd like that Rose, thank you and I look forward to it!"

***

Dante had slipped into the bathroom while Lily and Rose were busy with their remodeling discussion and he quickly rinsed off and got dressed to head out and meet their architect. He couldn't stay to say hello to the girls, so he sent his love through the bond to Lily and winked at her when she turned to wave before he went out the door. He went downstairs to one of the smaller conference rooms. When Dante entered, he saw a middle-aged man with graying light brown hair, a slender build and a bit taller than most. Dante estimated him to look in his 50's, though he didn't know his actual age. From what he'd learned about lycan aging this morning, the man could easily be far older.