The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 23

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 23

Dante and Lily excused themselves shortly after dinner, since they were anxious to see the first phase of their major remodeling of their suite and Cabin start coming together. They opened the main door and stepped into the living room, and just turned around and around, taking it all in.

The walls were painted in a rich, rust-brown color on the top two thirds of the wall, with the bottom third painted a dark creamy tan. These two colors were separated by a distressed crimson-red molding running the length of each wall.

There were several framed photos hung around the room. As Dante took a closer look, he saw they were all pictures of Lily and him, many of them from their Mating Ceremony (taken during the early portions when they had still been clothed, and the later portions after they'd become their wolves) and from the concert afterwards. He saw a few others that must have been candids that Lily and others had taken of him, as well as some of just Lily, too.

They walked over to the lounge area of the living room. There was a large area rug in rust and cream colors, with two large, plush leather couches and two oversized leather armchairs placed around the edges of the rug. In the middle was a large low table made of dark wood with the top covered in hammered brass, and it coordinated well with the rest of the room. Near the bottom of one wall was a huge electric fireplace, one that could be turned on whenever they wanted with just the flick of a switch (and no need to chop kindling every cool evening).

On one wall was what looked like a very large picture complete with a dark wooden frame. But in fact it was a new type of TV, and when it wasn't in use, it cycled through a preloaded collection of pictures, which were again all pictures of the two of them.

Dante looked around the ceiling and the perimeter of the room, and saw he'd gotten his wish to have quality music. He knew he'd be using that sooner rather than later and he'd encourage his goddess of a mate to dance for him. He took a closer look at the equipment and was amazed to see that it was just what he would have picked out himself: a full collection of Klipsch speakers and a Marantz amplifier. He could already imagine the clarity and fidelity of the music that would be played in here!

They moved into the bedroom and saw much of it was the same: the walls matched those in the living room and in the hallway leading to the bedroom. There were a few pictures in here as well, but these were more suited for the bedroom, some of them risquébut tasteful shots from their Mating Ceremony, showing them bathed in the moonlight and naked, but not truly showing anything. The timing of whoever had taken the shots was impeccable, as they all looked as if they had posed for these, when in truth they had been totally lost in having sex with each other and oblivious to anything else. He silently thanked Rose for also installing a sound system in here that was nearly identical to the one in the living room, and he could picture Lily swaying to the music in dimmed light, enticing him with her body.

As he'd requested, the canopy bed was still in place, but the sheets were now midnight black silk.

Dante looked at Lily and quirked a brow at the choice of linen.

She grinned at him and explained, "I want to see you in your wolf form laying on the bed. I can just see you disappearing into it, with just the silver tips of your ears and tail showing as I gaze into your liquid silver eyes, just staring back into mine. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it baby! Sooo, I had Rose change our bed to black silk." She grinned hungrily at him as he chuckled. He liked the way she thought!