The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 21

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 21

The rest of the week passed quickly for Dante and Lily. They each were making fast progress in their training. Both Lily and Dante were falling into their responsibilities and duties well and becoming comfortable with them. Lily was making huge strides in her hand-to-hand combat and would be a force to be reckoned with sooner rather than later. She was making slower progress on her weapons mastery, but that was solely due to the fact she was already an expert with her dual daggers; she was simply working on adding fine touches to mastering her weapons and making everything automatic and second nature. Through all her training and effort she was becoming faster, stronger, wiser and more lethal.

Dante was seeing huge improvements with his progress with his katana, and within the next few weeks would start adding in the second one. By the time his personal blades, fighting blades not training ones, would arrive in a little over 5 weeks, he would be ready for them and start to perfect them as extensions of his own body and his own senses, just like his Spartans were to him already.

Ever since his immersion into martial arts training as a child, Dante had felt a strong affinity for all things Japanese, especially when it came to face-to-face fighting techniques. Thanks to centuries of the Samurais honing the design of the katana, in addition to their perfecting the techniques for wielding such a formidable instrument of death, he had always considered it the ultimate weapon, or at least for anything not involving gunpowder. So when Ben offered to train him in weaponry, he considered the katana the only viable choice. Anything else would be second-rate, at least for him.

As for his training with his wolf, his Alpha blood was shining through as he picked everything up at an amazing rate. He was improving with each hour of training, rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with. Even given that he had first met his wolf in his early adulthood instead of at puberty like everyone else, within a few weeks he would become impressive, and within a few months Ben and everyone else believed he would become unstoppable.

Friday at midday Lily's firearms and ammunition arrived. Later that afternoon when they were both free for a short period, Dante revealed to Lily what he had ordered for her. He opened the pistol case and displayed her first handgun.

"Baby, this is your new gun. You will soon become an expert in its use, and once you are, it will become your constant companion. It's a Kimber Master Carry Custom in .45ACP caliber, just like you wanted. I had it customized with a silver crescent moon and a tiger lily engraved on each side of the slide, and a rosewood grip to make it your very own. I'll train you and drill you until it becomes an extension of your body and senses, so you can protect yourself and hold your own with the very best."

Lily gasped when she saw the beautiful pistol. She picked it up and felt its weight and balance, and immediately felt an affinity with it. She already loved it and looked forward to mastering it.

Dante continued, "I also got you three different holsters for different situations. An open holster on your hip is traditional and useful in almost all situations. I also got you a concealed carry holster that fits inside your pants at your waistline to carry when you don't want others to know about it, and lastly a cross draw behind the back one, similar to the two I wear. I also got you plenty of ammunition and extra magazines, and included a few extended magazines for extra capacity. Finally, I had it tooled to accept a suppressor, and ordered you one of those as well, for stealth operations."