The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 13

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 13

The drive into Whitefish took around an hour, but it was beautiful scenery. Dante and Lily both enjoyed driving in the powerful muscle car, listening to the great stereo and music. Lily played DJ and they both sang along to many of the songs, having fun and enjoying their time alone together.

They parked in front of the Swift Creek Cafe for breakfast and were quickly seated once they stepped inside. Dante ordered a breakfast of chicken fried steak while Lily decided on eggs benedict. They sipped on the coffee the pleasant waitress had brought to their table while they waited for their food and chatted comfortably together. The food was hearty and delicious, and Dante knew they'd be eating there again many times in the future. As it was a Friday, they had their special homemade warm doughnuts available, so he ordered a few for them to share as a sweet treat to top off a delicious breakfast.

After Dante paid the tab, refusing to let Lily help with it, he smiled and told her, "Today is my treat: I'm taking you on a date today. I'll have a surprise for you later but except for that, we can do anything you want today. I just want you to be happy and see you smiling for me all day, looking as beautiful as you can't help being."

Lily smiled and gently kissed Dante, subtly scenting him and feeling his love and affection for her through the bond. They strolled out of the diner into the morning sunshine, holding hands as they meandered up the street. They walked for a while, window shopping at some of the boutiques and stores, just enjoying spending time together.

After a little while Dante smoothly guided his mate into Aric King's Whitefish Goldsmiths jewelry store. The owners Aric and Kate greeted them warmly as Dante smoothly told them that he and Lily had recently gotten married in a small rural ceremony, and they needed wedding rings. Lily gasped, taken completely by surprise and teared up at her mate's thoughtfulness and romantic nature. She turned and jumped into Dante's arms, surprising him although he easily caught her, and Lily kissed him deeply for a while, causing Aric and Kate to laugh and smile at the newlywed couple and even exchange a nostalgic gentle kiss of their own.

Aric spoke to Dante, "Congratulations to you both on your marriage! My name is Aric and this is my wife Kate, and we own this store. You've come to the right place and we'd love to help you!"

Dante smiled and shook Aric's hand, "It's nice to meet you Aric and you Kate, my name is Dante Silvrash and my beautiful wife is Lily, formerly O'Connor and now Silvrash."

They turned to Lily and greeted her as well, "I know of an O'Connor family who runs a small community up in the mountains above Whitefish; is there any relation?"

Lily smiled, since many in town knew of the O'Connor family and what they thought was their 'community' in the mountains, "Yes, my Father is Odin O'Connor, who runs the mining and ranching operations here in Montana with my Mother Victoria. It's nice to meet you."

Kate spoke next, "The O'Connor family has been known here in Whitefish forever, they helped get this town established and off the ground and have always been a big support for all of us here; it's a pleasure to meet you and we'd love to provide you and your new husband some special rings today! Please tell your parents thank you from us, for what they do for this community."

It took a while, but eventually Lily and Dante found the perfect ring for her that was already sized perfectly to her finger. It was a two-carat princess cut flawless pink diamond, with sapphires bracketing it on each side in a platinum setting, and filigree on the sides in a beautiful pattern. Lily fell in love with it and of course Dante wanted only the best for his bride.