The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 33

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 32

The following week was very busy for Dante and Lily, as well as the rest of the Pack. Heavy resources were put into investigating President Victor, the Council, and the Packs aligning with them. Dante had sent out the modified satellite phones and the bug detection devices to everyone; he had also given one to Odin and kept one for himself so he could check out the Cabin and wherever else. His new company Triple S was busy, and Dante had to split his time between the business and Pack needs, but he was hanging in there and getting everything accomplished. He was also contemplating some other defensive ideas as well as some offensive ones. He seemed to have almost unlimited prep time, but didn't want to count on that, and knew the smart thing was to start preparing for immediate war on the principle of can't hurt, might help.

Once he had constructed prototypes of his newest brainstorms and made a few copies of them, he would be able to pass them on to his allies to enhance their preparedness for whatever lay ahead. Most of them were already installing many of the upgrades that Dante and Ben had already put in place for their own Pack, not to mention increasing their training and combat drilling. Like the Grand Est Pack, most friendly Packs had become lax and complacent, and that was one of the biggest hurdles they had to overcome. Thank Luna that the O'Conner Alpha Pair had already been running a tight ship, so within his own Pack Dante's job was only to take Security and defense systems that were already very good and make them into something better.

Lily had been using her skills and resources as a lawyer to investigate from her end, such as published records, permits, anything unclassified she could get her hands on. Odin and Victoria were talking to all their contacts. Everyone was busily working on some kind of investigation or preparation, no one in the Pack was left idle, and in addition to everything they were achieving, everyone was gearing themselves up mentally and emotionally (even though nobody knew specifically what they were preparing for), so none of them would be caught flat-footed.

There were drills sprung during the weekends, such as issuing a mock lockdown alert to the Pack ("This is only a drill, but...") and timing how long it took to get a full complement of Enforcers in place to defend their perimeter and get everyone else to the saferooms in their houses, or to the large one in the Manor House. During the week Ben, and when possible Dante, were drilling and training the Betas and other Enforcers. Firearms training had taken a greater urgency, and had progressed to rifles and shotguns, as almost everyone was now quite skilled with handguns.

Overall, the Pack had kicked into high gear and would remain there for the foreseeable future. Dante had even ordered a large number of assault rifles and almost unlimited amounts of ammunition. The H&K HK416 was the weapon that he had chosen for himself, and that was also more than good enough for the rest of the Pack for heavy arms fire. This was upcoming war, and no one had any disdain for using 'human pop guns' anymore. Enemy wolves would be coming to threaten their lives and their loved ones, so any advantage at all was something they all wanted to utilize. The world and styles of warfare were changing, and the Pack was changing too.

***

During the second week of December things were still quite busy with everyone working and training hard. It was the middle of the week and Dante had been having a hard time concentrating the past few days. Lily's scent had been getting stronger during that time, and seemed to be wrapping itself around him, constantly distracting him and making his cock harden with need, so who wouldn't get sidetracked?