The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 25

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 25

Monday morning saw Lily and Dante repeating their drill from the previous Monday of waking up early and loading the truck to head to the compound and unload it before beginning their Pack duties. It was scheduled to be a standard day, except that they were to meet Rose for the final reveal of their remodeled suite that afternoon after they'd wrapped up everything else. No, it wouldn't be okay for them to pop in for a look before late afternoon, Rose and her team still had hours of finishing touches to complete.

The day passed quickly for them both, Dante's morning history lesson and then instructing in firearms went well with no big surprises, and it was the same for Lily's morning. Late morning and early afternoon trainings were solid sessions with both Dante and Lily really beginning to shine in their Enforcer abilities, even the ones where a few weeks ago they'd been novices. Dante's wolf had been large and powerful from the beginning, but now was also becoming rather skilled as a technical fighter. And his human was getting ready to add his second practice katana.

Lily had made great strides in her hand to hand as well as in firearms, and she was refining her already formidable dual dagger skills to where she would be an almost unstoppable opponent in any confrontation. The constant devotion of such a large chunk of time each day, paired with it now having continued for a few weeks, were producing impressive results for them both. Her earlier claim to Dante of being fast and dangerous was proving to be no idle boast.

The afternoon was spent with Lily working with Odin on the family business and Dante on his security company, before they came together later on to handle Pack business. With a couple hours remaining before dinner, they wrapped up and Lily and Dante headed to meet Rose at their suite.

Rose met them outside the suite in the hallway and the mated pair was clearly excited to see the finished remodel.

Lily said to Rose before they opened the door, "Rose, we just want to say thank you for not only doing a terrific job which we can't wait to see, but also for working around our timetable for your available work days. We know that wasn't easy, but we really appreciate it and I know it worked out well just like we had hoped! We absolutely loved what we saw last weekend: the living room and bedroom were amazing! The hammered brass tabletop was a lovely accent, and I can't say anything at all about my portrait above the bed without saying too much, if you know what I mean."

Rose smiled broadly, absolutely thrilled her hard work and effort but most of all her artistry, had been noticed and appreciated. "I'm very glad you both liked it; we had to really rush to finish everything up today, but I believe it all came out well. Let's head in and see the final two rooms."

They walked into the living room and headed left to inspect the two additional rooms in their suite. They entered the small wing through a single door leading to a hallway leading straight back with identical walls and carpet to the living room and bedroom. It had a door on each side. They opened the left-hand door and stopped in at the nursery first.

Rose led them in and explained what she and her crew had done. "This is just a generic nursery right now, only a placeholder for the room until you become pregnant and want to personalize it; we went with a sterile, gender neutral look for now. We painted the walls a light cream color, using black and light gray accents throughout. There's a changing table, a dresser and a standard crib, all accented with sharp, narrow black lines to bring out the color contrast in the room. The one little touch that I can see remaining once you get pregnant is the wolf and moon mobile hanging over the crib."