The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 31

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 31

The days and weeks following the Grand Est visit passed quickly with all the work everyone had to do during the week, with their only consistent downtime coming in the evenings and on weekends. Lily and Dante spent their weekends together in their Cabin to capitalize on their alone time. Most evenings and many times during each weekend Lily and Dante made love together and kept their relationship strong and close, even when they felt overworked during the weekdays. No matter that the newness of their being mates had worn off a while back, they still couldn't get enough of each other, and craved each other constantly. Both were convinced their mutual craving would never lessen between them, and they took every chance they could to kiss and caress each other.

As the days and weeks passed by, the O'Connor Pack accomplished more and more, and things were moving swiftly and smoothly. The security upgrades for the Pack were completed and the investigation into the rogues continued as well, albeit with no revelations about who had been behind the attack on Dante. As a matter of fact, very little emerged except for scattered reports of sightings by nearby Packs.

The wolves from the Grand Est Pack arrived, and battle training for them went well. Soon Ben and Sara would be leaving to visit their sister Pack along with several other O'Connor Betas and Enforcers in order to train more wolves at the Grand Est facilities. Everything was moving apace and it was now November and well into winter in Montana.

They would soon be leaving for the Alpha Conclave. Odin informed them that the Conclave would be the first weekend in December and would be held this year in South Beach Miami, where it would be warm and sunny. Both Lily and Dante were looking forward to a warm weekend, even if the Conclave itself promised to be challenging. It had been set up so that the O'Connor delegation would fly out of Bozeman and would meet with Lisette and Raphael as well as the Grand Est delegation there. Bozeman wasn't nearly as close for them as their local Glacier Park Airport, but Odin and Victoria had chosen it as a courteous midpoint between Whitefish and their friends and allies who resided near Billings. The two Packs could watch each other's backs while they traveled, and particularly once they arrived for the Conclave. There were too many uncertainties about who their common enemy might be. This entity had already sprung one ambush, although thanks to Dante it had turned out disastrously for the ambushers. Alphas Odin and Lisette had agreed that traveling together would reduce the risk of anything unexpected happening.

***

Lily and Dante were sitting in the terminal at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport. They were accompanying Odin and Victoria, Ben and Sara and two other O'Connor Pack Betas, both Level 4's, to the Conclave. After a short while Lisette and Raphael, along with their Level 5 Sebastian and three other Grand Est Betas, Level 4's, joined them. Everyone greeted each other warmly and waited to board the plane. They were all traveling first class and would take up the entirety of that section of the plane. Soon enough boarding began, off they went.

The flight was long, since they were flying to the other end of the nation, but Dante and Lily napped during most of it to adjust to the different time zone and help the time pass more quickly. They landed at Miami International Airport in the late afternoon and picked up their baggage. Four rental SUV's had been reserved for the two Packs, and everyone piled in to head to their hotel. They were all staying at the Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club near North Beach. The evening and night was theirs, with the Conclave starting in the morning.