Chapter 1

"No, No, NOOOOOOO" I scream in my dream. I wake up covered in sweat and tears silently streaming down my face. It's not real, it's not real. I tell myself. My dream had Prim in it and she was reaped again in the 3rd quarter quell but I couldn't save her. Today in a couple of hours I will be starting the victory tour with Peeta. I've been dreading it for weeks now. We've barely spoken, Peeta and I. Ever since the cameras started leaving district 12 and we still had to play the part of the star crossed lovers we've grown further and further apart. I miss him but I just don't know what to say to him. I know I hurt him but I did what I had to do to keep us alive in that arena. I was NOT going to let only one of us come out of there alive.  Ever since I took those damn berries out of my pocket in the games Snow has been watching my every move.  Because of that Gale and I have barely spoken except for one time when he kissed me.......I still don't know how I feel about that kiss.  I can really only see him as my best friend and nothing more but I don't know how to tell him that.  And with Peeta....I just don't know.....
I glance at my clock on my table, saying it's 6 a.m.  I might as well get up and take a shower.
Now that Prim, my mother, and I live in the Victors Village we have many more advantages of food, money, and we have a bigger house with warm and cold water.  It's an amazing feeling to take a shower but I still prefer taking a hot bath. 
After I take a shower and wash my hair I put on some long black pants and a grey sweater that goes well with my eye color.  As I look at myself in the mirror I know my stylists from the Capitol will be frustrated at how much hair has grown everywhere.  I just sigh to my self thinking they'll just have to fix it when they get here. 
By the time I've eaten breakfast it's 7:30 and I decide to walk over to Haymitchs' house to wake him up because cameras will be here by noon.
As I put on my black boots that are much more uncomfortable than my hunting boots, I look outside to see a new layer of snow on the ground starting to glisten from the sun shining outside. 
I feel the crunching of the snow as I walk to Haymitchs' house looking at all the stores still closed because of the early hours. 
When I walk in the first thing I smell is the awful reek of alcohol and rotten food.  I hear Haymitch's snores coming from the couch in the living room and try to wake him up softly rubbing his shoulder and saying his name.  After that doesn't work I decide to take a greater measure and pour a glass of whatever he was drinking before he passed out last night on him.  When he wakes up he yells and throws around the knife I forgot he always sleeps with.  "What the HELL are you doing?!" Haymitch yells.
"It's almost 8 a.m, Haymitch cameras will be here soon and you told me to wake you up."
"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine this morning?"
"If you wanted to be coddled you should've asked Peeta"
"Asked me what?" I hear Peetas' voice say coming from the door.
"Waking me up without giving me phenomena." Haymitch replies. 
Peeta just nods cordially at me and sits down at the dining room table starting to cut up some bread. 
"Would you like some bread Katniss?" Peeta asks.
"No I'm ok I already ate breakfast, but thank you." I reply
"Burrrrr" I hear Haymitch say, "you two have some warming up to do before cameras come here or else we're all screwed"
"Well," I say, "I have to get home to Prim and get ready, and Haymitch please take a bath" I say. 
As I walk out the door I can hear voices in my house and recognize them immediately.  It's my stylists, Effie, and my favorite of them all Cinna, all talking to Prim and my mother. 

A/N — Hi everyone this is my first Hunger Games fanfic and I hope you all enjoy it!! If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to comment and please upvote!  I will try to update this as much as possible and hopefully that will be a lot since it's the summer for me. Enjoy the book!!!
:)