Chapter 4

When Peeta and I leave the compartment with his paintings we're walking hand in hand back to the 'living room' in the other train car. When I see Effie I can tell she has been crying because her eyes are all puffy  and slightly pink. 
"Effie" I say "I'm really sorry I yelled at you it's just been really stressful lately and I accidentally blew up on you....."
"It's ok Katniss I understand you're stressed, I forgive you" she replies and gives me a hug.
"Alright everyone we should all get to sleep there's a big day ahead" Effie says winking at me.
We all slowly walk to our compartments saying goodnight. 

That night was one of my worse nightmares yet. I think it was being on the train again. 
Prim and I were in the meadow back in district 12 when everything slowly got darker and Prim slowly started turning into one of the games dog mutts.  Her eyes bore into mine making me scream. 
As I woke up breathing heavily and rocking myself I hear someone running and find that it's Peeta. 
"Are you ok?" He asks.

"Yeah, fine. Just a nightmare, sorry for waking you."

"It's fine, I get them too" he says and starts to walk out. 

"Peeta" I call out before bed completely out of my sight.  "Will you stay with me?" I ask.

"Always" he replies. 

I fall into a dreamless sleep thinking of the way Peeta smells of bread as he holds me with my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.  Thump thump thump thump.    
Slowly luring me to sleep.

A/N — sorry this is such a short chapter.  I'm going to be busy tomorrow so I might not be able to update it so I wanted to try to post something to keep y'all happy. Thanks so much for all the kind feedback.  It means a lot.