Chapter 9

Shock. That's all that registers in my mind. I can't think. My worst nightmare is my reality. As Gale walks up I feel like I'm about to throw up.
Somehow someway I've got to keep three people alive. How am I supposed to do that? I'm not frikken superwoman. I'm taken out of my trance when Effie says.
"Alright everyone. That's it." After she says that peacekeepers come up and take us all away.
"Wait, aren't we saying goodbye to our families?" Gale asks.
"New procedure, we take you straight to the trains" the peacekeeper says.
It's too late to even turn back to District 12 as we're all whisked away to the train with Haymitch and Effie.

I keep hold onto Prims hand
Everyone is in shock. Even Effie doesn't know what to say with her usual happy self.

"What's the plan?" Gale asks in a monotone voice.

"Stay alive" Haymitch replies, with a wink at Peeta and I. 

"Well how in the hell are we supposed to do that?! There's gonna be 48 people in there with half of them already being deadly and only ONE come out!!" Gale says getting mad. 

"Gale calm down, we'll figure something out" I reply. 

"No Katniss we won't, when you die you'll be with Prim and lover boy.  When I die my whole family is frikken dead too"

"Gale that's enough.  I understand you're upset but don't take it out on your only allies" Peeta says attempting to be the peacemaker. 

"You know what Peeta I thought you were a good guy, but you're really not, you're just with her for the hell of it aren't you?" Gale says raging.  This isn't good I say to myself.  "You've got Katniss and-" he's cut of by Peeta punching him in the throat and gagging. 

"Don't talk about the relationship I have with Katniss." Peeta hisses at Gale who's still trying to regain his voice. 

"Both of you two quit it.  If y'all act like this in the games you'll all be screwed." Haymitch says. 

Gale obviously didn't listen to what Haymitch just says because he asks me "Come on Catnip do you honestly want to be with bread boy over here more than me?" 

"Yes Gale I do want to be with Peeta because he's the one that's been through hell with me and I love him."

Gale just walks away.  Peeta comes over and hugs me while Prim just sits on the couch next to me with dazed eyes. 

How in the hell are we gonna do this when we can barely get through a damn train ride.