Chapter 10

Peeta and Gale went to try to talk out all the crap that's pissing them off on Haymitch's orders so they wouldn't be fighting as much. I don't think it will help but he's our mentor.

Prim and I have just been going over the plan on what we're going to do in the arena. Stay close to each other and stay alive. Haymitch and Effie say that these games are going to be a lot different because it's a quarter quell.

We all watched the replays of the tributes being chosen and saw our competition. The career pack is probably the most lethal of them all.
No one said anything at dinner after Peeta and Gale had their 'fight'.

Effie said we'd be at the Capitol by early afternoon and we should get some sleep.
Sleep was hard to find for me and I eventually found Prims room and went to sleep with her. I later found out that was a bad idea.

—nightmare—
"KATNISS RUN!" Prim screams while being chased herself by the careers. "PRIM!! WHERE ARE YOU?" I scream. Only to find her covered in her own blood with her eyes closed as the careers laugh at her lifeless body.
—end—

I wake up shaking and drenched in sweat next to Prim. Somehow she's still asleep. I don't know how that happened. I decide to go get something to drink to calm my nerves. Tea surprisingly sounds good to me right now.

As I walk out of Prims room I hear voices. I sneak behind a wall and eavesdrop to see whose voices are talking. I can tell one of them is Haymitch as he slurs his words and the other is Peeta's voice.
I hear Haymitch say "I can't promise you anything Peeta. She would want her sister to be saved not herself."
"I know, I just don't know how this is all gonna work. She can't save us all" Peeta says. 
"I know, but you all will figure it out.  But this time around you will need allies."
"I don't think Katniss will agree but ok"
"Night boy, try to get some sleep." Haymitch says leaving the room to go to his compartment, as Peeta does the same.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. No matter what some one I love will die.  It's just not fair.  I decide to walk up to Peeta for his comfort.  

"Hey" I say softy to Peeta from behind him as he's walking to his room.
"I didn't know you were still up" he says and opens the door leading me in. Then he opens his arms for me to go into.  I oblige immediately.  
"It was a nightmare." I say softly in his chest as he strokes my hair.  
"You want to talk about it?" He asks.
"No, it's ok. I just want to be with you and feel safe for as long as I can in your arms" I say.
He looks down at me and looks into my eyes and says "I love you Katniss Everdeen and I will do everything in my power to keep you and Prim alive in that arena." I'm about to protest but his lips cut me off from my thoughts as I feel his steadiness and warmth from his lips come crashing onto mine.  He is all I want right now.  And in this moment all I need. I feel that hunger deep inside me I only felt once in the cave as the kiss deepens turning into passion and love all in one.  We have to come up for air at some point and we just close our eyes holding each other and live in our small peaceful moment as long as we can. 

When morning approaches I find myself in Peeta's arms in his bed like we were on the Victory tour.  I know Effie will be coming to everyone's rooms soon telling us to get ready and be on schedule. I decide to wake Peeta up softly.  "Peeta" I whisper softly putting my hands through his messy golden curls. "It's time to wake up".
At my voice he begins to stir. 
"Morning" He says in a deep tired voice.   "I love you" I say softly as he strokes my hair. 
"I love you too" He says and brings me into another kiss.  This kiss though is even more passionate than the one last night.  It has more love more urgency to show our love to each other before it's too late.  We both can feel it too. I know I do it least.  As the kiss deepens more and more with Peeta hovering over me I feel his hands curl under my nightshirt onto my hips making me twitch slightly then relaxing when he moves his hand back to my neck.  As I kiss him I wonder am I ready for this? Is this wrong? Is he ready for this?
I slowly realize though that this is what we need.  I decide to completely loose myself with him feeling each and every kiss, touch, and move we make.  We become one and it's amazing.  The love I have for him and the love he has for me turned into something like this is indescribable. 
I slowly realize that I can't live without this boy.  My boy with bread.  I love him too much and he loves me even more, if that's even possible. 

When we both share our last kiss before I have to go back to my room I kiss him with all the love and passion I can put into one kiss and whisper as our lips still linger on each other "I love you so much Peeta Mellark"