Chapter 7

Today we're ending the victory tour with the Capitol. We've been through each District and staying for a day each.  I will find out today if the love story of Peeta and myself is believable to Snows standards.
Peeta and Haymitch decided we should get engaged in District 1 to show how real our love is, I wasn't exactly thrilled about it neither is Peeta but since I've told him I love him I realized it would have happened no matter what.
Peeta and I haven't separated the whole trip after he was released from District 11's hospital from the Bullet in his lower abdomen. The doctors said he just had to not over do it but to be careful to not break the stitches.
We've been each other's rock helping each other. Every night he comes to my compartment and sleeps with me keeping the nightmares away and myself doing the same with his.

As Peeta and I walk up to Snows mansion I feel sick to my stomach.   Peeta can tell I am not feeling great and takes my hand and starts moving his thumb in circular motions on my hand, calming me down. 

"Hey, it's gonna be ok. We'll get through this.  We've been through the hunger games haven't we?" He says.

"Yeah, we have" I say, a smile tugging at the corner of my mouth. 

"All right you two come on" Effie says leading us to all of the people of the Capitol with a million cameras everywhere wanting to see the victors and star-crossed lovers.

With Peeta and Effie by my side we all walk up the long staircase with a red carpet leading to the mansion.
The mansion is twice the size of all the victors villages together in District 12 with gleaming sliver and gold paint everywhere on the building. It takes your breath away just looking at it.
The only thing I can't get over is the smell of the genetically engineered white roses Snow always wears.
We all walk up to the open doors of the mansion with screaming Capitol people wanting pictures or an autograph.

When we walk in the mansion it's gorgeous I have to admit. The walls are painted red with streamers of gold hanging and big chandeliers hanging from the ceilings which are engraved in silver. There are big long tables of mahogany wood filled with food surrounding the big ballroom floor with people dancing. The second Peeta and I walk in everyone turns and shouts congratulations. People are already drunk with all of the alcohol.

"We'll go on you two. Have fun. Enjoy." Effie says, leaving us alone.

"May I have this dance" Peeta asks with a Capitol accent.

"I'd be delighted to kind sir" I reply with an accent as well.

We dance for a couple beats dancing the way Effie taught us to.
Then we decide to eat. The food is the best I've ever had in my life. There's my favorite lamb stew with plums and then a bunch of other soups including a pea and bacon soup. Then there's a salmon dish with a lemon vinaigrette, and there's venison and roasted potatoes with thyme and rosemary. Peeta and I try not to eat to much but it's impossible. Before we know it we're full. My stylist team sees us across the room and comes over to say hi.

"Oh Katniss this is amazing isn't it?!" Octavia asks.

"Yes, it's really nice the food is amazing I wish I could eat more" I reply.

"Oh darling just take this."

"What is it" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"It's just a drink you take to throw up so you can eat again darling, how else do you expect us all to eat all this food" she says laughing with the rest of my stylists.

"I think I'll pass Octavia but thank you"

"Suit yourself dear" she says at drinks the drink.

"Peeta you want to dance again?" I ask him.

"Sure" he says and takes my hand in his leading is to the dance floor.

"I can't believe they do this while other people in the district are starving with no food." Peeta says exasperated.

"I know." I say. "Let's talk about it later ok. There's too many people here."
He nods in reply telling me that's the end of that conversation.

"May I steal her for a dance?" A man asks Peeta.

"Sure" he replies politely. "Don't keep her too long though" giving a wink.

"My names Plutarch Heavensbee" the man says. "A pleasure to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too" I say politely.

"I know you must hate all this." He says.

"It's very......interesting you could say" I reply. I'm about to ask another question when I see he has a watch with my mockingjay symbol.

He notices my eyes on his watch and says "your Mockingjay pin has become quite the popular accessory in the Capitol, I had this specially made"

"Oh" is all I'm able to say.

"Well I must get going now, I have a meeting regarding the games coming up."

"Ok" I say as he leaves.

"I hope to be in touch Ms.Everdeen" he says as he walks away.

After Plutarch leaves I catch a glimpse of Snow looking at me and see he's giving me a small smirk with his cold black eyes and is shaking his head, telling me the act of the star-crossed lovers didn't work on him. 

Before i have time to process anything Peeta comes back over to me and tells me we should get going before Effie  starts freaking out that we're not on schedule. 

By the time everyone is on the train and ready to go back to District 12 I'm exhausted.  Peeta is too so we decide to go to bed early.

Before we both fall asleep in each other's arms I think of home and the fact that I'll be there soon. 

A/N — I feel like this is really crappy....I'm sorry if it's bad I promise it will get better this is just a filler chapter that I had to do. Thank you for reading.