Chapter Five: The abilities

“Wait I thought the most anyone ever had was three,” I said, trying to make sense of the situation. 

                “It is or at least was. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, just don’t go around mentioning it to people we don’t want word of this to get out,” He said. I nodded, but then I thought of Daniella and Savannah.

        “Can I tell Daniella and Savannah? Because I live with them, and they are the closest thing I have at the moment?” I asked while giving him a pleading look.  He sighed and nodded his head. “Yes! Thanks Mr.R” I ran out of the room and sprinted to the house. I put my hand on the door knob and it did the same thing as when Daniella tried it. “Daniella? Savannah? Any one home?” 

        “In the living room,” I heard Savannah yell. I walked into the living room and they were watching TV and eating popcorn. I grabbed a handful and plopped on the chair near the couch. “How did your test go?”

        “Ya what are your abilities? Are they cooler than mine? Are they lame? Oh my, that guy is so hot,” Daniella said while staring at the television. She had a great train of thought.

        “Umm it was interesting,” I said while eating the popcorn. They paused the show and looked at me waiting for an explanation. “If I tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone?” They nodded and I sighed. “I kinda have six abilities and you’re right the guy is hot.”

“WAIT WHAT!?!? SIX!!” they shrieked while I cringed.

        “Hold up, let me get this straight, seven abilities as in one two three four five six?” Daniella asked while I rolled my eyes.

        “Thank you for counting Daniella I didn’t know that six came after five,” I said sarcastically. “Sorry I'm just not really happy at the moment and Mr.R said no to tell anyone, only you two while he tries to make sense of it.”

        “Okay don’t worry, we won’t say a word,” Savannah said and Danielle nodded in confirmation. “Anyway what are the six.”

        “Water control, flying, time freeze, projection, super speed, and mind reading,” I said while looking at the floor.

        “Dude! That is so kick butt,” Daniella said and suddenly smirked. “We have a friend who has six abilities. Ione and the screw crew won't know what hit them.” She seemed really excited when a loud alarm blared. “Ah, yes the wonderful thing about having dinner with the rest of the school, you get to see all of them, isn’t that great.” 

        "Go change into something warmer and we’ll head on over Piper,” Savannah said while putting her shoes on. ‘She really does sound like a mom.’ I nodded and went upstairs and put on a pair of jeans and a zip-up. We got to the dining hall and grabbed our food. I followed Savannah and Daniella to a table with Dylan, Logan, these two girls I didn’t know, and Sam. I sat down and started eating my pasta slowly. 

        “Hey Sam,” Ione said coming up. I mentally groaned ‘does this creature not give up.’ Daniella smirked at me. ‘Oh yeah she can read minds.’

“Hi Ione,” Sam looked uncomfortable.

        “So I was wondering if you like wanted to go on a date tomorrow?” She asked. I wonder if she was really that stupid or just playing dumb. 

        “For the last time Ione I have a girlfriend who I love,” Sam said and I saw him intertwine his fingers through Savannah's under the table ‘aww they’re cute’.