Chapter Nine: I get shot multiple times

Did I mention how much I hate the forest? No, all right, I'm saying it now, mother nature sucks. Daniella and I have been walking around for the past thirty minutes trying to find out where the other team's flag was located. Now I know It doesn’t sound bad, but the bugs, the trees, and the sun don't equal a very happy Piper. “Would you stop complaining,” Daniella said in an irritated tone while swatting a fly away. 

“Sorry,” I sighed in defeat and continued walking. 

        “So you and Logan?” she asked. I looked at her weirdly. “You know partners for math and then sneaking off for break.”

        “Oh, we're just friends and besides, if you or Savannah hadn’t partnered up with someone I probably would have been stuck with you,” I said, trying to push the subject aside. 

        “Mhm totally,” I could tell she wasn't gonna leave the subject behind. “Oh, and next time make sure he wipes the lip gloss off.” 

        “If you knew from the beginning why did you keep questioning me?” I asked and she just shrugged. My mind automatically went to Luke curse him and his hotness and the fact that he's always on my mind “Besides, I sorta have a thing for someone else.”

        “Oh details,” Daniella said. “Don’t leave anything out. Do I know him? Is he hot? What does he look like? What's his name? Personality? Abilities?”

        “Stop,” I said while holding a hand up. “He’s from my old school you know the one you kidnapped me from. Um...We have been going to the same school since like third grade, and he has brown hair and hazel eyes, his name is Luke, he is sweet and hilarious, and he doesn’t know I exist.”

        “All right, I bet he knows you exist, but anyway, lets focus on the game since we don’t want to lose,” She said. We kept on walking for another ten minutes till we heard someone talking, so we hid in one of the bushes. Daniella put her finger up to her mouth as if to say be quiet and if I could talk I probably would have made a sarcastic comment. I looked through the hole that was in the bush and saw four people, two of them I knew. The two were Ione and Carmen while the two others were the guy who was the leader and another tall guy with blonde hair. The blonde haired guy climbed into the tree and hid the flag in. I looked over at Daniella and saw that she was trying to figure out a plan. 

        “How about I distract, you teleport, grab the flag and just sprint for it,” I whispered. She didn’t look so sure about the plan, but she just nodded. I stood up and walked from behind the bush in front of the four. “Hey guys.” They all turned and looked at me. “How's it going? Shoot some people lately.” They all held up their guns and aimed them at me, Ione was trying to give me a death glare as usual. ‘Daniella I really hope you are gone.’ I smiled at them “Well if you haven’t then I guess I'll be the first to go on the list.” 

        “What are you doing here?” The leader asked. ‘Yeah, I'm done get out of there I'm almost past the boundary line, Dylan’s here he's playing guard.’ I heard Daniella say and I decided it was time to go.

        “Oh, you know just chilling,” I said, trying to sound casual. “Oh, would you look at the time, I better get back, it was wonderful meeting you guys though.” I turned around and walked when I felt something in my leg. ‘Oh great.’ I fell down so I was kneeling on one leg. “All right, so how many more are gonna come, so I could be like prepared?” I said while turning and looking at them. “Okay, so no one will answer me, that’s cool.” I turned my head around and felt another one go into my skin. I was starting to get dizzy. When the third one came that was it for me, the ground was spinning and the grass was turning purple and I’m positively sure the lion was not real. The last thing I heard before everything went black was a horn.

        I woke up in a white room with a light above me. I was a little fuzzy on what happened, but I was sure this wasn't my room, and then the memories flooded in and I realized I was probably in the infirmary. 

        “Sleeping beauty is finally awake,” I heard someone say. I turned my head to the side and saw that Daniella and Savannah were standing my the door. 

        “I’ve always though I’m more of a Cinderella, you know the whole blonde hair with sleeping beauty just doesn’t work for me,” I said. “Anyway, how long have I been out? Oh, and did we win? Please tell I didn’t take like three darts for nothing,”

        “Cinderella likes nature, and from your thoughts in the woods you obviously don’t,” Daniella commented.

“We won,” Savannah said while grabbing a chair and sitting down. I sat up in my bed.

        “Yeah, you took one for the team Prescott way to go,” Daniella said while hitting me on the back in which I winced. “Sorry.” 

“It's fine,” I said and it was silent for a while. “So how long do I have to stay here?”

        “Not long Mr.R just needs to come and discharge you and then you're free to go,” Savannah informed me. “Oh, and you have flowers courtesy of a certain someone.” I was a little confused and she handed me a note that was stacked in a bouquet of roses. I read the note and saw Logan's name at the bottom.

“That's sweet, remind me to say thank you,” I told her while putting the card on the table.

        “Seriously, that's it, just a thank you,” She looked at me in disbelief. “He likes you and he’s hot and sweet and all you're going to say is thank you.”

        “Well, what do you want me to say, oh Logan, thank you so much I love you and then start making out?” I said with sarcasm dripping from my sentence. 

         “Well, you know I really wouldn’t mind the make out part, but don’t you think I love you is too soon?” I heard a deep voice say, humor lacing their sentence. I swallowed thickly ‘oh please no.’ I looked up and my fear was confirmed, standing by the door in all his glory was the one and only Logan Walker.