Chapter 35: A Strange, New Mission

"I can't work like this!"

Sakura had barely entered her shishou's office when she right-out yelled at the startled woman, making the blonde drop her cup of sake. The small porcelain cup fell until it hit the wooden floor of the Hokage's office, where it shattered into a thousand pieces, dispersing themselves over the ground. Tsunade looked up at the furious kunoichi, and raised an eyebrow. She wondered if Sakura meant the vast ammount of duties she had been saddled with ever since she had returned to active duty a month ago.

"What do you mean, Sakura?" the Slug Sannin asked, faking to be oblivious.

"I mean Lee!" the pink-haired girl screached, tearing at her hair in despair, and pacing through her master's office like a caged tiger. "I can't work on his case anymore... I mean I want to, I really do, but it's just not possible. I've come to the conclusion that the other medics will be faster if I'm not there-"

"Why?" Tsunade asked, so that her apprentice would start at the beginning.

"Why? Why?!" Sakura went over to screaming again. "Everytime he even just sees me passing on the corridor, he yells at me to get away from Kashi! That he is not good for me. That he's 'bewitching' me. That I should go tell you how he's taking advantage of me when he isn't. Whenever I'm close enough, he grabs onto me, pleading, begging me to come to you to make a denunciation! And if Kashi comes visiting me in my office to eat lunch or something, and passes by Lee's room- I swear he does that on purpose- Lee won't stay in bed, and instead try to attack him! I- I just can't work like that, shishou!"

She turned to the blonde woman in despair, who, in turn, was relieved. She had feared that the pink-haired kunoichi had seen through her little plan, and was coming to give her a piece of her mind. She really was working more than any other medic in the hospital, and Tsunade was keeping her busy on purpose, but she hadn't known that Hatake had gone over to eat lunch in the hospital, just to spend some time with her. However, at the moment there was something else at the forefront of the Hokage's mind...

" 'Kashi' ?" the blonde asked.

Sakura blushed.

"Oh...uhm... yeah..." she said, fidgeting.

"Then what does he call you? 'Kura' ?"

"Uhm... no, he...he calls me..."

The rest was lost in a mumble.

"What?"

"...Wildcat or minx..." Sakura murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

"WHAT?" Tsunade stood, and panicked a little. Had her plan not worked? "Then...you have...already...?"

"Huh?" Sakura looked up from her still fidgeting hands, then blushed some more as she caught on. "Oh...uhm...no. No, we haven't..."

The Godaime fell back into her seat, relieved.

Sakura blushed deeper, thinking of her past month with the Copy Nin. How they had survived without sex? Simple, both of them had been so busy- courtesy of Tsunade- that they had been able to do nothing at the end of their respective days, than fall into the bed, snuggle against each other and sleep. Well, okay, maybe sometimes when Kakashi had come over for lunch, they had made out a bit, but it had never progressed further due to the distinct lack of time. Not to mention that the hospital was a public location, even if they had eaten in her office. There was just no way she would give someone an eyeful, neither of herself, nor of Kakashi! She guarded the secrecy of his face just as jealously as he did, which had served highly to his amusement in the past weeks.

"But shishou..." Sakura spoke up again. "About Lee..."

"Don't worry, Sakura, you won't have to work on his case anymore for the time being."