Chapter 30: Mission: Rescue Sakura (Part 2)

3333333333333333333

(Earlier that evening)

He watched as Sakura fell prey to the slumber.

Sighing as she came to be limp in his grasp, he lifted her off the counter gently. Not because he feared that she would wake, but because he always seemed to get soft when something concerned her. He quickly switched the oven off, their warming meal completely forgotten as he carried her into the other room. His eyes never left the Blossom's form, sound asleep in his embrace. One of her hands resting on her stomach, the other fisted in his skin-tight black shirt, and her nose burried just above his breastbone. Her lips pressed against his chest, and it did nothing to calm his racing heartbeat. She moved, unconsciously, snuggling deeper into his tall frame.

Kakashi held his breath, and willed the new wave of arousal away.

He carefully put her down onto her bed, and shifted the covers, so that he could tuck her in. Her small hand never let go of his shirt. Smiling softly, he enclosed it with his own, trying to pry her fingers away, while his other came down to cup her cheek. He draw lazy circles over it with his thumb, and had her mewl ever so silently. His eyes closed as he fought the urge to ravish her.

'She is asleep,' he reminded himself.

Straightening himself, he left her to her snuggling-into-the-covers, and moved into the bathroom. He opened the faucet, and rid himself of his west. The silver-haired male had every intention to take a very long, very very cold shower, hoping it would help him with his little 'problem', so that he wouldn't have to 'take care' of it himself. He was about to shed the rest of his clothes, and step under the icy spray, when he heard a soft thumb on the window sill. Now, it could have just been Chihiro. After all, cats liked to sit on window sills, right?! (He wasn't quite sure, seeing as he never held a cat in his household before) However, his shinobi senses screamed 'Danger' at him, and who was he to argue.

Kakashi turned to face the closed door.

He contemplated for a moment, whether or not he should close the faucet again. The lack of sound might alert the intruder. On the other hand, this was Konoha. It couldn't be an enemy-nin. So, it was probably some petty thief, who thought it an easy job to break into the apartment of a young woman who lived alone. Plus, it might also scare the intruder away, if he thinks he was noticed. Quickly closing the faucet, he made his way to the bedroom. He opened the door quietly, and gave the other room a once-over.

There, bend over Sakura, was none other than...

"I shall protect your youth, Sakura-san."

...Lee.

"That's nice to know, but it doesn't help very much that you broke into her apartment, Lee," Kakashi muttered darkly, making the boy aware of his presence. The green-clad Gai-clone, however, didn't even turn to look at him.

"Kakashi-sensei," was the only awknoledgement he got.

Kakashi raised an eyebrow. He had the sinking feeling that Lee had been told- or found out- about his and Sakura's relationship, and wasn't quite pleased with the fact. Inwardly, the Copy Nin sighed. Couldn't everyone just leave them in peace? What had they done to deservesuch harsh judgement? Or, in this case, just him, because it was unlikely that Lee could ever think badly about Sakura. The brat was just hopelessly in love with her, even though he had Gai. The man in the green spandex was bound to feel pretty used, or he loved Lee enough to overlook this little fact...

Kakashi shuddered.

He did so not want to think about that!

"What are you doing here, Lee? It's almost midnight. Have you escaped from hospital again?" the masked jounin asked, instead of continueing his dark, dark thoughts.