LONG TIME NO SEE

°THE NEXT DAY°

"Good morning sweetie." my dad said, as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. The smell of ham, pancakes, scrambled eggs, and fresh fruits filled the room. Yummy, food. 

"Morning dad." I said. The hius were quiet. We were the only two people except one of the maids were here. I hadn't notice her until I scanned the room she was quite thats good. Usually when the other maids were in here you could barely here yourself. I was wondering where was Brody? That wasn't like him to miss out on a breakfast buffet. He was in love with  food. 

"Where's Brody?" I asked dad, nervous. 

"He went to one of the college's that I owned and i recommended for him to go get a education. I want your brother to get a good education after all these years of him working hard and taking care of things, you know?" he said, before taking a sip of his coffee. "Coffee?" he asked with his hands on the coffee pot. 

I shook my head, "You're right about that. Brody does deserve going to college." Brody was always the one right there beside me when i wasnt feeling good or when i was bullied. who looked out for the family. Even he quit his education  early, but he still wanted to go back to it. Throughout most of the years, he's been telling me how he wants to continue his education and pursuit his dream of becoming a lawyer. When he become a lawyer he said he wanted to have his on lawyer firm. when he does, I will be the first one to hug him and be proud when he gets his degree. 

"So are you ready for school tomorrow?" my dad asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. Oh yeah great school is tomorrow can this week get any worse. Oh well, it was time for me to avenge my revenge school is indeed tomorrow. I'm ready though, I've got my outfits ready and even Brody told me that I've changed my appearance, in a good ways and he told me he was proud if what I'm doing. I know mom would be proud if me. of course He told me that, "Wow maddie, you're actually turning into a  girl." of course, he was just kidding. 

"Yay school," I said with sarcasm quietly. "that was sarcasm by the way." I added, knowing that my dad would take my words to the heart when I said yay school. I was kind of scared because of the new look and all thoughts are in my head saying what if they still bully me. If i show them the new me. But if I was given a choice of being homeschooled, I would take it. 

"Don't worry! It'll be great. You'll see all your old friends!" he exclaimed, if only he knew I didn't have any friends. But now I would because all if the girls would come up to me. "And of course, they'll see how much my maddie changed! In a very good way, of course. Look at you now, a lovely, beautiful intelligent young women. I remember when you wore those black glasses, you were still beautiful." he said, with a big smile on his face. I really love my dad. Even if he wasn't in my life for most of the years, he was still there as my dad. He always did call me beautiful when I felt like I wasn't. Even tho I know I wasn't even close to beautiful.

"Thank you dad. But did you really even  think I was close to being  beautiful even when I had those big glasses, instead of these contacts?" I asked, maybe it was just a "dad thing" to say.