17:"You suck at this game!"

Point out dumb typos please, I was in a hurry

After an amazing breakfast that consisted of me blushing and us laughing, Brody and I climb into his car to go somewhere else.

And yes, I paid.

We talked about everything and all things in between. It was strange, how I could speak so freely around Brody.

"We're here,"

I look up to find us parked at our local arcade.

"No way!" I shout, unbuckling quickly. I practically jump out of the car.

I couldn't contain my excitement.

I loved old arcade games!

Brody laughed as he followed me inside. There were old games everywhere. Pac-Man, Asteroids, Galaga... Too many to count.

Brody pays for ten dollars of quarters at the front desk. Smaller kids were surrounding the two of us, hardly paying any attention to anything besides the games.

Without stepping on a kid, I run around the the end of the arcade game line and spot a game I've never played before.

Donkey Kong.

"This is probably my favorite game, besides Frogger." Brody chimes, coming up behind me, slipping a quarter into the coin slot.

I try to ignore the close proximity between the two of us. Brody was hovering behind me, reaching under my arms for the the control and buttons. His chin was on my right shoulder as the game welcomed us with beeps. My breath hitched.

I can't ignore this. Gosh, I'm trying... But I can't.

"You could've asked me to move," I laugh, watching the little Mario character run up a ladder.

Brody chuckles. "Maybe I don't want you to move, Gracie."

Well... Frick.

My heart sped up in my chest, attempting to escape my ribcage. I shiver even though I'm not cold. It was unfair how Brody always managed to get a reaction out of me.

"Your turn," he said when he died.

"I don't know how to play!" I complain, staring at the screen crazily. I want to look back at him, but I feel like that would be too close.

Brody laughed. "I'll help you," he offered, placing his hands over mine, moving them over the control and button. "Just move the control over here and then go up the ladder... Jump over the barrel! Jump! Good, now - Gracie, no!" We burst into laughter at my poor attempt at Donkey Kong. I sucked.

Even the little kids knew of my terrible efforts.

A little boy with blonde hair and hazel eyes tugs at my jeans. I feel Brody's hands release mine and his presence fade away. Ignoring the cold feeling I get, I crouch down to the little boy. "You suck at this game!" He exclaimed proudly.

Chuckling, I look back up at Brody, eyebrows raised. "Well, if I'm no good, maybe you should teach me," I offered. The boy's expression turned into one of sadness.

Almost defeat. He looked completely and utterly heartbroken. My heart tugs at one of my ribs. "What's wrong? You don't have to play if you don't want to." I reach a hand out to him, and he takes it.

"I can't reach... I'm not old enough." The boy whispered. I began to see tears well up in his eyes.

"Aw, that's okay! I'm sure I know somebody that can give you a boost," I immediately turn back to Brody, who had a lopsided grin on his face.