35:"Happy New Year!"

-feel free to point out any and all typos-

We visited Collin yesterday and that little guy seemed to pull Brody and I together. We were completely over our awkward phase.

I had just woken up from our flight to California. I lifted my head and realized I had been leaning on Brody's shoulder the whole time. My eyes travel from his shoulder to his face. It was obvious that he was still sleeping. A smile appeared on my lips at the sight.

I reached for his hand and intertwined our fingers together, earning a sleepy groan from Brody. He stirred, his eyes fluttering open to see me.

He smiled.

"You are such a beauty." He sleepily murmured. I squeezed his hand tightly in response.

I fell back asleep after that and was awakened by the flight attendant. I woke Brody up and received a tiny groan out of him. "Wake up, sleepyhead. We're here."

At that, Brody opened his eyes wide and immediately shot up.

"Well then come on! Let's get this party started." He grabbed our suitcases from above us, then we made our way off the plane.

Waiting for us was a limo that my dad asked to pick us up and carry us to his home.

I was nervous, and I was sure it was clear as day by the way I fumbled with my shirt.

"Stop it, Noodle," Brody quietly ordered. My hands immediately dropped the hem of my shirt. Brody picked up my hands and kissed them, sending shockwaves up my arms.

"It will be okay. I promise." He whispered.

I could only nod in response.

I hope you're right, Brody Parker.

---

We arrived at my old home quicker than I remembered. Nothing had changed. Large white columns in the front, a two-door front entrance, a circle driveway, the red brick.

Brody let out an airy breath at the sight.

"Please don't judge me because of this," I motioned to the house in front of us.

"I'm not," Brody replied, grabbing our suitcases.

We travelled up to the front door, then they opened. My father stood tall, a proud smile on his face. "Hello, hello!" He greeted, gesturing that we come inside. I rushed past him, my eyes on the ground.

"Where will we be staying?" I questioned hurriedly. I wanted to stay out of his presence as much as possible.

"You'll be staying in your old room, dear," Dad replied.

"And where will Brody stay?" I questioned further.

Confusion passes across Dad's face. "What do you mean? Aren't you two together?"

My face heated up. "Y-Yeah."

I couldn't bare to look at Brody at this point. I was too flustered.

"Yes, sorry. I guess I just kinda forgot for a second," I laughed quietly before turning towards the stairs that lead to my bedroom.

Dad welcomed us again before I rushed up each step, Brody following closely behind.

When we made it, I shoot the door behind Brody and exhaled deeply.