21:"Gets me every time."

Please point out any typos nicely:)

Anden was right. All day at school today, Brody was a completely different person than from yesterday's imposter. Today, he was energetic and happy and goofy. He reminded me of the way he acts in front of Collin and I when it's just the three of us. Us three were supposed to have some fun time this Sunday afternoon since Katrina will be going in for an interview for another job.

I work after school next Monday as well, and Brody has him then.

I was now standing in front of my mirror, staring at myself. I was wearing Brody's jersey, my black jacket, a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and my white Vans. My hair was braided out of the way so my face would show a bit more.

I had gotten too lazy to apply makeup, so I walk away from the mirror, keys and phone in hand. Brody was texting me about how excited he was for tonight and tomorrow. He had also told me he was excited to see me in his jersey again. My heart sputtered in my chest.

This boy...

---

Pulling into the stadium parking lot, I immediately see my group of friends hanging outside the locker room. The number twenty-six was facing away from me, but I could tell he was speaking animatedly about something because his hands were moving, and everyone looked interested. As I get out of the car and begin to walk towards them, Remi spots me first. We trade a friendly look before I stroll up to them.

"Hey guys," I greeted, sticking my cold hands in the pockets of my jacket. I was standing somewhat behind Brody until he turned around.

He whistled, eyeing me over. "Gets me every time," he muttered quietly. I blushed, becoming nervous and very aware that he was definitely checking me out.

The gang ignores him, saying hello. Brody moves aside, allowing me room to stand in between him and Cora. While Alex begins talking about fireworks and the hazards of them, Brody leans closer to me.

"You never texted me back, Noodle." He whispered in my ear.

I feel my face heat up at the confrontation. "I didn't know what to say!" I replied before I could stop myself.

Closing my eyes, I didn't want to see the look on his face. I could hear him chuckle lowly. "I left you speechless then?" He prodded, making me want to punch his stupid face.

"Oh, hush." I mumbled in response, my eyes opening and zoning in on the time left before the game starts.

We had almost twenty minutes left, which meant that Coach would be calling all players on the field to warm up anytime.

Thankfully, Coach blew his whistle now.

Brody sighed in disappointment. "Man, I really liked making you feel awkward. It's a shame I'll have all night tomorrow to do so, huh?" He joked. "I gotta go," he began to back away from me.

"I'll cheer for you!" I laughed, pretended to hold poms in each hand as I wave them around like I had seen the cheerleaders do so before.

Brody grinned. "I hope you're cheering for only me!" He shouted, stepping onto the field.

I rolled my eyes, a smirk on my lips. Beside me now, the gang smiles. My expression falters, turning into one of innocence. "What?" I asked quietly.