Chapter 25

You stay at the medical wing whenever you can, sitting and talking with Obi.

"Yeah, my family is freaking out about my kidnapping. They almost had me come home." Obi looks at you, worried.

"They thought about it, but they aren't. The castle is the best place for me to study. And it is probably safer than my house. We had a criminal in our own household. Besides, my parents are more concerned about my brothers wedding."

While you were captured, you had received a letter from you oldest brother that the girl he liked had accepted his proposal.

"You know, my parents said you could come if you wanted to. They heard about you from Price Izana's letters assuring my safety. He said that you where my protecter, so now my parents want to meet you, to ensure you are good enough." You roll your eyes. Obi laughs.

"I would love to go!" You glare at him.

"Yeah, but you can't. You need to rest."

"I'm fine. And besides, I don't care that  I am hurt, seriously. I can go to a wedding. Don't worry." You looks down at your hands in your lap. You stand up, and turn to Obi.

"I'm going to get some food, and then head to the library. See ya Obi." You start to turn away, when he grabs your wrist.

"Wait. I have something for you." He reached into his pocket, and grabs a little box white box with a (F/C) little bow.

"I wanted to give this to you for your birthday but, it kinda didn't happen." You smile, and take the box.

"Thanks." You open up the box, and remove the tissue.

Inside, there is a bracelet. It has little beads that have a beautiful array of color in them. (There is a pic at the top of the chapter. Hopefully you can see it.) You hold it inbetween you fingers, admiring it.

"Thank you. It is beautiful." You smile. It is perfect. A gift from Obi, the idea makes you smile even larger.

You leave, and head to the kitchen, still holding the bracelet, and smiling.