Sneaky Fox | Pt. I

|Mount Justice:  September 7, 16:28 EDT|

"Aqualad ...B02, Miss Martian....B05, Superboy....B04"  The Zeta-Tube announced each of the members names as they walked in.

"What a long day.." Aqualad sighed.

"Superboy and I had a very interesting day too" M'Gann replied. "Aqualad, I got accepted into a cheerleading team! Ekk!" She screeched with joy.

"Congratulations, M'gann" Aqualad smiled genuinely.

"Did you know they were wearing T-Shirts with Superhero symbols on them" Superboy grumbled.

"Sorry Conner, it was more a... precaution. I didn't expect many other classmates to wear them too..." M'Gann apologized.

The entry way of the Watchtower opened up from above. Red Tornado hovered down using his tornado and landed gently in front of the three.

"Good evening, I have a report from Batman and Superman." Red Tornado robotic voice echoed through the quiet room. "However, it seems that the rest of the Team is not present right now" he confirmed to himself.

"Yes, I believe Robin, Kid flash and Artemis are watching TV at the moment." Aqualad answered to Red Tornado.

"Let's go find them and hear from Red Tornado has to say." M'Gann tugged Superboy's hand towards the hall down the end leading to the Kitchen dining room. The remaining few soon followed.

***

"Oh, look who do we have here" Robin joked when the four entered the room.

"Hey, babe, how w-" Wally zipped to M'Gann's side, flirting. Artemis came over and punched his arm.

"Geez Wally! What he means to ask was 'How was school?' Leave out the 'hey, babe' part" She glared at Wally.

"Hehe, Superboy and I had an interesting day. We fit right on in the first day" Miss Martian smiled in excitement.

"Red Tornado wish to tell us something" Aqualad told to the rest.

"Really like what?" Wally asked. 

Red Tornado seem to be looking around the room.

"Is there something the matter?" Artemis noticed him scanning.

"Batman explained to me that Flare should be here already..." Red Tornado spoke in a monotone.

"Who? We are having a new member?!" Robin step forward to Red Tornado, anxious as the rest of the team, waiting for his answer.

"Yes, The League agreed to add another member to the Team..."

"So, you're saying that the newbie is here? We didn't see anybody the whole time while we were here" Robin placed his hand under his chin, contemplating.

"Stay here, I'll will report to Batman that she's not-"

"The newbie is a-" Artemis cuts him off. 

Batman appeared behind Red Tornado from the dark hallway.

"Yes, she is a she?!"

 A loud noise of clattering silverware came from the kitchen interrupted their excitement caused them all to fall silent. They all gather around to look into the kitchen. Their eyes traveled to the kitchen floor seeing scatter fruits and a broken glass. Artemis is ahead of the group. She first peeks over the corner to see the culprit while M'gann slowly hovers over the kitchen counter. 

Nothing.

"What the..." Artemis blurted out confused.

"Fyuu..   That scared me" M'gann landed on the floor.

"But that's weird. How did it get all over the floor?" Artemis furrow her eyebrow, convincing herself any possible options.

"You haven't seen a fox scurry around the cave, have you?" Batman question as if everyone should have known.

"A fox?" Aqualad questioned.

"LOOK! I see it, it's behind you Batman" Wally pointed out.

The small fox was alerted, and it ran off before Batman can turn around to look.

"What... It was just there. Did anybody see it?" KF searched for others to prove that he is telling the truth.

"I didn't see anything, did you?" Robin asked Aqualad who is right next to him. Aqualad shook his head.

*sigh*

Batman brought everyone's attention to himself. 

"That sly fox" Batman muttered under his breath. Superboy raised his eyebrows while the others are waiting for Batman to speak.

"Flare will be formally introduced when I assigned the next mission." Batman and Red Tornado was ready to turn and walk away until Wally wined.

"What do you mean?! I thought we are meeting her today!" 

"She's playing around, and she is not cooperating. I don't have time to play her games right now."

"Huh?" The Team spoke out their minds in unison.

"But didn't Red Tornado say she is in the cave?" M'gann reminded.

"Yeah, so why don't we look for her?" Robin suggested.

"Go ahead and look for her. If you can find her, that is. If you do fine her, I don't have to do the formalities." Batman voiced a stern but, a hint of annoyance.

Red Tornado followed Batman as he walked away down the dark hallway.

"Could it be that Batman is trying to say is that Flare is hiding from us because she is not ready to meet us?" Robin questions his prediction.

"Do you think the fox and Flare have any connection? Could it be if we find the fox it would lead to Flare?" Superboy questioned to Robin.

"I'm not so sure, but why would he bring up about a Fox..." Aqualad added.

"So, you do believe me!" Wally pointed his finger at Superboy.

"I hear Batman muttering under his breath saying, 'That sly fox'" Superboy finished his words by crossing his arms.

"Let go hunt down that fox" Robin smirked.