Fight or Take Flight

*Flash Back*

The screen reveals to them the four ice villains.

"On July 4th, these four, Mister Freeze, Icicle Jr., Killer Frost, and Mr. Cold, are up to something..." Batman continued.

"Mr. Freeze petitioned the court to be held legally sane, and Junior sued to be tried as an adult. Both are to be transported to Belle Reve."

"Which means this could be their plan all along..." Aqualad contemplated.

"That's where the team steps in to find their plans covertly." Batman ended.

*Flash Back Ended*

|New Orleans: September 14, 16:53 CDT|

"Hello, this is Cat Grant reporting live in New Orleans. As you can see, there is Superman and Martian Manhunter battling with the Terror Twins that have been terrorizing the south. Incredible sight to see here today."

Ms. Grant turns around to allow the audience from the other side of the camera lens to see this intense scene between the supers. Superman swung the twins, hurling them down to an abandoned warehouse. Both of them crash through the roof onto the cold, hard floor. They slowly recovered, ready to get back on their feet.

*Click-waaom*

In the dark shadows, Miss Martian and Superboy quickly emerge out into the light after Aqualad and Red Tornado click on inhibitor collars onto the twins' necks. Tommy turned to look at his persecutor. He appeared to look dizzy after the fact they placed the collars on them. Superboy smirking showing off his impressive imitation of Tommy's outfit and his blonde haircut.

"Wha, what is going on? Who are you?" Tommy demanded in his deep southern accent.

Miss Martian also followed the taunting lead of Superboy. She walked up to Tuppence, looked into her eyes and smiled. Her body then morphed into an identical image of Tuppence. She then got up, standing next to 'Tommy,' Superboy.

"Y-You can't get away with this!" Tuppence warned with her southern accent.

"Tommy, who is she? Do you know what's she talkin' about?" Miss Martian mimics her accent well.

"No, not at all." Superboy shrugged.

"What is going on?!" The real Tommy demanded.

Batman then emerges from the darkness and clicks on another pair of neutralizing collars on the fake twins.

"That's easy, they're under arrest."

***

Aqualad's POV

The monitor screen turned into another window of multiple camera footage of Belle Reve's Prison, inside of Miss Martian's Bio Ship, occupied by only Red Tornado and I.

As I placed my hands on the important controls to prepare myself to take action, I sat there watching the screens.

"Did you find Flare yet?" Robotic audio broke the awkward silence.

"Yes, she was in hiding for 3 days."

"Ah, were you able to establish team bonding or, in other words, 'get familiar with each other'?"

"No, we did not. I have heard that she will return once she is able to handle personal matters. If I am not mistaken, she may be back by now."

"I suggest to quickly 'get familiar' once you return."

" I plan to. ,I appreciate your concern Red Tornado."

"..."

"I do have my concerns..." I sighed.

"Robin seems not trusting towards Flare. He said he had 'unpleasant gut feeling'." I explained.

"Most humans don't develop trust in strangers, do they?" Red Tornado justifies his concern.

"I am afraid you may be right; perhaps we should take the time to get familiar... then maybe our doubts about Flare can be removed."

"..."

Another awkward silence yet again, but this time, it stretched through the rest of the day.

|Mount Justice: September 16, 15: 06 EDT|

Flare's POV

I flipped through another page from a heart-wrenching book of past records. I cozy myself really close to the fireplace located in front of the private library. The book is discretely created with a fake cover so that unwanted onlookers can overlook the book. Every time I dared to turn the page, my heart felt being torn little by little as I turned the page from one side to the other. Each page held records of children's profiles. Total of 50. I thought I could bear this through, but I couldn't. I squeezed hard on the edges of the hardcover my hands slightly shaking in fear. I close the book gently and put the secret book on a random bookshelf where I last recovered it.

"Recognize B03 Kid Flash... B02 Aqualad"

I twitch my right ear, making my pierced earrings jingle. It took a very long time to get used to my super hearing. Sometimes, I view it as a blessing in disguise, but then again, it becomes very irritating. Hearing every little thing causes me not to be able to sleep well at night or even concentrate in peace. Before heading out to greet my returning teammates, I ensured my hood was over my head, and my long bangs covered my right eye. I left the library to welcome them back from a long day.

I continued down the empty hallway towards the 'meeting' circle. I did my best to hide all my sour feelings from before. It must be pushed back, and I plastered a misleading, happy smile. Before I could even have a chance to face the team again, I heard from afar, Kid Flash, talking to Aqualad,

"Hey, could Flare be back already?"

"I-"

"-I'll find her."

Kid Flash's POV

My excitement swelled up inside me, causing me to dash into each room to find our new team member. I turn my head left and right, looking at a very quick glance at each hallway.

After a quick while, I wondered,

'Where is she? Is she hiding again?'

As I turned my head to one side, I harshly collided with something. Both crashed to the floor, I rubbed my side, easing the slight pain.

"Ouuuu-ch, That really hurts Kid Flash! Hehe.."

I look at who I'd just run into. It was her! She was smiling and revealing some slightly painful expression.

"ugh... Hehe Sorry. Got a little carried away" I said as I checked to see if I injured myself during the process.

"Here, Give me your hand." Flare was already up, reaching for my hand to take.

I handed her my hand. She then lifted me up with some force.

"Thanks."

"Don't dash in the hallways next time. Who knows? You might hurt a little creature next time." She joked.

"What do you mean by 'a little creature'?" Aqualad came from behind me. Curiously questioning her joke.

"She probably means some bug or something... right?" I chuckled, giving a valid understanding of her joke.