Craving Justice

My father begins to weep bitterly,

"I hate it that as a father... I couldn't do a SINGLE THING!.. I want... justice.."

Thomas, my father, turned to Black Canary, staring at her with glossy, pleading eyes.

"Mr. W- I mean Thomas, I understand how you feel. Please calm down... just don't do anything rash. The Justice League and the Team are taking good care of her..."

"I want them-"

"-They will go behind bars. Those villains deserve to serve behind bars... Thomas, I don't want to see you behind bars as well... Just trust and rely on us."

"Dad.."

Father turned to me.

"It's okay, I'm okay now. They have been treating me well for two years." I said.

"What e-else did th-they do to you?" Mother spoke brokenly.

"Mom, Don't worry. Ever-"

"EVERYTHING IS NOT FINE, LOOK AT YOU! YOU NOW HAVE LONG MESSY ORANGE HAIR, EARS, AND I'M ASSUMING YOU HAVE TAIL... your ey-"

My mother noticed my eye color was different. She reaches to push my hair away from the right side of my face. I leaned back, avoiding her. Her face turned pale and grim. Then she forcefully pushed my hair back.

"No..."

Father looked at me as well and fell on his knees. He saw on the right side of my face a thin, long scar cutting through my right eye. Revealing my damaged, ashy, colored eye.

I brought forward my long bang, which covered most of my right side again. I wanted to conceal it so no one could look at it.

"I didn't want to show you this..." I said with a hint of irritation and shame.

Robin's POV

"See you guys later."

"Where are you going, Rob? Don't you want to hang out a bit?" KF offered.

"No... I have something to do. I'll see you next time."

"Are you going to do some research on Flare, the newbie?" KF snickered.

"KF, I don't know, I feel like I've seen her before. I can't put my finger on it."

"Just take it easy, Robin. Somehow, it will come to mind.. in time." Aqualad comforted with a half smile.

I frowned. The expectation of waiting for something to happen should have been my expertise. Yet, She?... Something about her makes me uneasily uncomfortable.

"Yeah. Thanks, Kaldur," I said my half-hearted thanks before I entered the Zeta Tubes.

"Recognize Robin B...zero...one."

Once I opened my eyes, I checked my surroundings. Confirming it's the Bat Cave. Walking and passing through the spacious home, I found my bedroom. Thinking intensely, my body automatically grabs a new set of gym clothes.

***

I repeatedly punched the punching bag over and over again. Each punch steadily increases its strength. My grunts turn into frustrated shouts.

"Uuu-YAHHH!" ended with the last punch.

" You seemed troubled." A low, deep voice broke the silence. I turned my eyes slowly to the right.