Sneaky Fox | Pt. II

|Mount Justice September 7  17:41 EDT |

"UGGhhh this is harder than I thought" Artemis dropped to the floor in defeat. "There is no trace of Flare or this sneaky fox anywhere."

"Robin, did you check the heat sensors?" Aqualad turned to Robin.

"Yeah, but I only see us and some heat in the library but that could be the fireplace" Robin continued to press buttons on his high-tech watch. On it, you can see the map of the cave on the screen.

"She could have used the Zeta tubes and left while we were on a wild fox chase looking for some stupid fox" Artemis emphasized her words.

*sigh* 

" Let us stop here. She will appear when she is ready." Aqualad put an end to the search.

"ugh," a few of the members moaned. They are anxious to meet this interesting newbie.

"Peace out, guys" Artemis leaves the group, entering the Zeta tubes.

"Yeah, see ya."

"Night." Wally and Robin followed behind Artemis.

"Recognize Artemis B...zero...seven... Kidflash B...zero...three... Robin B...zero...one."

The Zeta tube finished its recognition.

Flare's POV*                                     (Please Look at Footnote at the end)

In this dark hallway, I am hiding at the far corner. My small, soft, furry body is lowered to the best of my ability without anybody noticing that I am here. In the darkness, I could see a group of young people talking to each other in the lit circle area in front of me from a distance. One person suddenly outburst in frustration, and half of the group also left through the Zeta Tube.

" Alright, team, let's fall out," A man with a creamy dark complexion commanded in a firm voice to the rest of the team. This man had pronounced features that differed from anybody else. His gills are perfectly placed at the side of his neck.

The three of them started to make their way towards me. I quickly backed away into a much darker area to run away without notice. 

Smirking, 'This is going to be fun.' **

I reached safely to the library. Excitedly, my four paws skipped quickly into the fireplace. I can remember long ago, in the winter, my parents and I went to relax near our own fireplace. We all watch the fire as it quickly absorbs the pieces of wood. Remembering the heat as it warmly touches my face. I held up the warm cup of Hot Chocolate with tiny marshmallows on top near my face as I felt the hot steam. I was 7 then, turning 8 years old in a few weeks. It was the last day I'd seen my parents.

As I walked into the lit fireplace, one paw at a time, I comfortably lay over the burning wood. 

I was a normal 7-year-old back then, but it all ended on that day.

The soft crackling of burning wood soothes me. Helping me to forget those terrible memories quickly. Forcing it all back in my mind. Five years ago, I began to be immune to the burning fire. It now feels like very soft feathers gently covering me. All that, playing hide-and-seek games with my new team is comical and exciting. However, they quickly gave up. I was disappointed. My eyes became heavy, drooping to a close. I snuggled lightly, moving some wood away to make it the coziest nest. I curled into a tiny ball, bringing my fluffy tail closer to my chest as my pillow.

|Mount Justice: September 10 14:06 EDT|

In the main lit circle area, Robin and Aqualad are enjoying themselves sparing.  A few feet away from the circle, Kid Flash, Artemis, Superboy, and Miss Martian are watching them having a playful yet intense combat battle with each other.

"You know, I am kinda irritated that Flare hasn't shown up in 3 days. Is she really don't want to meet us?" Artemis crosses her arms in frustration.

*Breathing heavily* 

"Give her time... Maybe she is very nervous" Robin spoke out in between breathes while sparing.

"I'm curious if she's a hot babe," Wally said.

"Ugh! Come on, Wally! We don't need to hear that." Artemis said in annoyance.

"I think the fox is still here too...I thought I heard patting paws walking past my door the other night," Superboy recalled.

"Wait, you did?!" Everyone froze from what they were doing.

"Recognize Batman zero...two... Black Canary.. one...three..." The Zeta Tube finished it recognition.

Batman and Black Canary enter into Mount Justice. Their eyes scanned the area.

"Where is Flare? You haven't found her yet?" Batman questioned sarcastically.

"What do you mean, haven't found her yet? Is this a joke?" Artemis blurted out.

"Flare, I see you. Come out, now!" Black Canary nonchalantly called out.

Everyone turned and looked at who Black Canary was talking to. Standing, leaning at the corner of the dark hallway, is Flare. The missing girl stayed in hiding for three days. She began to smile while, coming out from the dark shade shyly. Flare then continues walking towards Batman and Black Canary. Everyone was stunned and didn't have a word to say.

This small girl was thin and small. Slightly shorter than Robin. She is dressed in a black cloak covering most of her head. Yet, the majority of her vibrant, long, orangy-red thick hair with pure white ends flowed over her right eye as if she had nowhere else to put her hair. Her visible left eye is as clear as the blue sky, with a tint of grey surrounding the pupil. Inside her cloak, she is wearing a dark burgundy red body suit with black flowy shorts over it. Flare's skin is pale white and almost flawless. Around her legs you could see some faint scars trickled all over.

As she walks in front of Batman and Black Canary, you can hear her bare feet make a patting sound with each step. When she walked past the team, she made eye contact with those watching her.

"Where were you?" The blonde-haired lady questioned her in a low voice.

She begins to smile yet shyly looks down.

"Flare, this is no time for GAMES," Batman spoke sternly with a slightly raised voice at the end.

She smirks and nods letting them know she understands.

"Alright, Team, let me introduce to you... Flare. Your new teammate."

* P.O.V  = Point of View

**Italic =  Mind communication or they're thinking