Façade

|Mount Justice: September 24, 21:14 EDT|

Flare's POV

Punching the punching bag is the therapy session I was given by the direction of Black Canary. It has been a while since I took a therapy session.

The meeting took longer than I expected it to be. Yet, they tossed me out after they got what they needed to know. They claimed the team was on their way back. CLEARLY, They have not arrived for a few hours now. 

I decided this was a good idea to calm my mixed emotions. 

I am scared of being traded and then ending up in the same prison. 

I am sad and angry that the Justice League didn't trust me. They also thought I could be the traitor. 

I am glad my team, who barely knew me, stood up for me. 

I felt guilty somehow for not telling them what happened two years ago. Not just them, but my parents too. I am afraid to tell them. You see, I wanted this to go behind me and move on. I want to make up the years I've missed and make it into something positive. I wanted to erase the nightmares into lucid reality. But it's not going to happen that way. 

I know I'm saying to myself, "Everything is fine" and putting on a good smile, but, it's all a lie. It's my facade. I notice I rather seek the other person's advantage than myself.

I could remember what Black Canary told me,

"You are a very humble sweet girl but, you need to learn how to balance. Give yourself some respect! Seek peace for yourself. Don't just toss it away hoping doing good for others can help fix what the evil done to you."

I need to seek peace. That's what I keep telling myself but what's holding me back?

My fists are now throbbing. I was punching the heavy punching bag for so long. I am glad I didn't burn or melt it down to the gym floor. With every punch, you can hear the chain, that hangs the bag from above, jingle their chime. It's the only sound that you could hear in this room besides my heavy breathing.

Startled, something whooshed around me after the double doors swung open. 

"HEY ANGEL! What did they say? What happened?" I recognized his voice, but I couldn't see him. Then, the team appeared shortly after by the doors.

"So?" I turned to my left and there he was, Kid Flash a.k.a Wally. He is wearing his normal suit but, in camouflage mode, meaning it's black and gray. What stood out the most was his red crazy hair. His clear eyes clearly express his curiosity and concern.

"Nothing, just a lecture. Don't worry about it." I continue punching the bag more fiercely now.

Then everyone walked in closer. 

"Don't lie to us. That, what you doing there, is not 'nothing,'" Artemis pointed out. 

"So you guys forgave Aqualad?" dodging the ugly truth.

"And you didn't?" She retorted back. 

"Oh, I have, before you guys started this" I ended my punch after the last word I said. I turned to face them.

"You didn't feel angry or betrayed? After what had happened? You almost died too" Superboy said in a mad tone.

"Of course... foxes are cowards and weaklings. It's no surprise here that foxes lie too"  I heard a different voice criticizing me.

Superboy steps forward, and my heart drops. My eyes widened after I saw an Alpha wolf come from behind him. 

"Flare? Are you listening?" M'gann asked.

I glared at the Wolf, and Superboy noticed me looking at the beast.

"Oh this is Wolf. He is staying with us"

The last thing I needed to deal with, is a mutt. Wolves hate foxes.

"Why don't you keep your comments to yourself? I don't need a mutt to tell me who I am and who I am not"  I responded in his language.

I turned to continue my therapy session, but that ended too quickly when I heard him growling as he walked closer,

"What did you just call me?"

"Hey, Wolf, What's going on? She's a friend, don't worry," Superboy tried to calm him down.

"a mutt"  My potty mouth was itching, too eager, and I said it.

"You rat!"  That's when he charged at me.

He pounced at me, about to pin me down on my shoulders, but, that's when I used my legs to kick him flying behind me. At that moment, I felt this urge to transform into something I couldn't believe possible. When I kicked him over, fire came over me, completing the transformation. I turned to look at the Alpha, and I growled at him in return. When he got up, I realized my fox form was bigger than normal. I am practically towering above him.

The gasp of the others echoes throughout the room. 

My big fox form can be majestic to the eyes. My fire rings around my tail and paws. With each step I take, I leave a trail of fire paw-prints that quickly disappear in a few seconds. My fur is glowing in vibrant orangy-red, and the ends of my extremities, Ear, paws, and tail are white as snow.

I went to use this new opportunity to show him who he's messing with. Maybe he will learn a lesson or two before stereotyping and to stop being prejudiced. However, My size didn't scare him.

The fight continued. Being intense and monstrous. Like what you could see in a dog fight. Fangs showing, snout wrinkled, and some drooling. He attacked me by biting me at the side of the neck. Upon impact, I whimpered but was soon released by a strong human teen pulling wolf away from me. 

"Wolf! What are you doing? Stop this!" Superboy trying to defuse the fight.

I was not satisfied with this fight ending like this, so I attacked. In spite of my efforts, another pair of strong arms strangled me down, preventing me from continuing further.

"Flare? Flare! Stop It; You need to calm down!" When I saw the wolf calm down, I did so too by the commands from Aqualad.

All the members seemed to have no words to say about what just happened because all of them were just staring at me.

"All of you guys just see that? I am not seeing things, right?" Artemis spoke in shock, searching for someone to confirm what she just saw.

"She can transform into a big.... fox?" Miss Martian questioned her statement.

"SHE THE MISSING FOX!" All the team recalled in unison.

"so YOU are the fox annoying me all night long?!" Superboy let go of the wolf and pointed at me with a hint of anger.

"But the fox I saw was smaller... how did.." Wally spoke his mind in confusion.

My emotions became apathetic at this point. I didn't want to answer any more questions today. I transform back to my human form, saying,

"I'm done." I walk towards the exit that leads out of the gym.