She's the Fox

Robin's POV

I grabbed her by the arm, preventing her from leaving. 

"What did the Justice League question you about?" I sternly looked her in the eye.

She kept silent as she just looked back at me.

"What is it that you are hiding?" I couldn't take the feeling of betrayal twice in a row in one long day.

"Where were you on the night of the attack?" Superboy towered over her before she could say anything.

She yanked her arm off from my grasp.

"I was taking a nap in the Library."

"LIAR!" Superboy grabbed her by the collar of the cloak, lifting her slightly from the ground.

"Superboy, put her down!" I glared at him by giving him a warning. He just glared at her in the eye, holding her up close to his face.

"Superboy, put her down.." Miss Martian went over to touch his shoulder to grab his attention.

"NO! She is too suspicious. Let me remind you, she hid away three days before meeting us. What was she doing in those three days? Or let me remind you, She's the missing fox?!" He thrust her to the floor as his eyes looked at each and every member of the team. I looked at Flare as she wore no emotion whatsoever. Is she even human?

"Where were you for those three days?" I asked her.

"..." She didn't respond. She's just sitting there.

" I can't believe it, and THEY SET HER FREE!" Wally throws his hands up: outraged.

"Can you read her file? Maybe can steal information about what they talked about?" Wally looked at me for an answer.

"I tried that already.." I confessed.

Flare spun her head towards me, glaring down at me.

"And?!" the redhead said.

"They did not put it in the electronic file, like everyone on the Justice League and us would," I explained.

"Clearly, I don't exist in the government Identification files." She chuckled to herself. "Just to cover up their shame.." 

"What did you just say?" Artemis walks up to her as if she offended her.

"The Justice League already interrogated me; why must my friends do the same to me?" Flare looked her straight in the eye.

"FRIENDS STICK UP FOR EACH OTHER! WE SHOULD NOT HIDE SE-" Artemis stops at mid-sentence, realizing what she just said.

I know what she's thinking. I have looked at her file before. I had questioned her being a 'distant cousin of Green Arrow.' She's not. I know her secret.

"Everyone has secrets," Flare said, "I have the right to keep my secrets to myself." She carefully chose her words. "But the question is, will you guys trust me?"

|Flare's Flashback (the time she was 'missing' for 3 days):  September 9, 05:58 EDT|

"Mia, I came to visit you as promised." 

I placed a set of boutique roses in front of the icy cold tombstone. I have been visiting for the 2nd time.

" I'm finally going to make some new friends, but.... nothing is the same without you.." My voice cracked, and my eyes swelled up in tears. It has been years since I last cried, and this time I couldn't hold back. Each breath seems shallow with an eerie touch of a soft fog escapes from my mouth with every breath. I endearingly trace my cold fingers on the engraving of her name: Mia Azora  1998-2008. 

"Why did you have to go first? H-How am I supposed to tell your parents? Your big bro-" My heart felt it was suddenly crushed. It took the air right out of me. 

I dropped my hand to my knees. As I slump my head down, my full, thick set of hair falls over my face.

"You know she's in a good place. It's not your fault Mia died.." A soft voice came from the misty woods behind the abandoned location where Mia, I, and the others were imprisoned in that wicked place two years ago (after the Justice League discovered and destroyed the place).

My head slowly looks up towards the owner of the soft voice. My eyes widen in disbelief.

"D-Destiny?" I squinted my eyes to get a better look at her. She stood there in the distance, half of her body in the darkness. Her dark angel wings grew bigger since the last time I saw her.

"You're stupid going against them."

"You're alive?!" I quickly got up to my feet.

"If I were you, I would have done whatever they said. It's pointless...." She paused. "They will k-kill you.." She whispers her realization.

"Destiny, where have you been?! What do you mean?" I paused. "No... Don't tell me you are.."

"..."

"Destiny, it's not too-"

"-this is your last warning. I don't want to see you hurt.." She came out from the shadows with an eerie appearance. She wore her long dark blue hair messy. She spread her dark wings out wide, preparing to launch.

"Wait!" My mind was so hung up about her sudden appearance and the short non-greeting conversation I didn't get to stop her in time before she flew away.

"DESTINYYY! THERE IS A WAY! YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS!" I yelled from the top of my lungs.

My ears perked up when I heard a shuffling sound behind me.

"Who's there?!" My heart skipped a beat. Out here, It's very cold, and I know I don't stand a chance in a fight right now. My eyes franticly scanned the area.

Nothing. No Sound. 

Yet, something caught my attention. Above Mia Azora's tombstone was a soft, left behind, black feather gracefully fluttering slightly from the tiniest breeze. I take the feather by end twisting it while I'm examining it. The feather glittering mixes with dark purple and navy blue as a burning yellow light slowly rises from the horizon.

"Destiny.. What are you doing?" I sigh as I just stare at the lonely feather.

|End of Flashback|

Robin's POV

"I trust her.." I told her with conviction.

"Dude! .. I don't know..." Wally hesitated, then looked at Flare. " Sorry, Angel, but I have to agree with SB.."

"I trust her too." Aqualad came forward and helped Flare up. 

"Thank you.." she said.