Chapter 20: Roman Legionnaire

Dad shadow traveled me back to the Hades cabin at Camp. Nico was sitting with Will on his bed. The second Nico saw me, he pulled me into a death grip, and Will put his arms around both of us. Since Nico and Will were both taller than me and really missed me, I felt like I was dying by the time they let go. "Woah, woah, woah. Sis, you need to eat. Now. It's not optional."

"Yeah, you're way too thin; it isn't healthy," Will agreed.

"I know; I know."

"Jason!! Bring in the cake!"

Jason and Piper came in with a birthday cake. Jason nearly dropped it when he saw me. "You look like when you first came to Camp Jupiter," he murmured quietly.

I was sort of shocked; I hadn't even noticed how bad I had really got. "I didn't know that was possible."

"It is... Eat, now!"

Meg came over to the cabin after a while. As we ate cake, I told everyone what happened. At the end, I said, "Dad told me that I and six other demigods would go back later."

"Do you know who yet?"

"Yes, after careful consideration, I have decided to take Nico, Will, Percy, Annabeth, Reyna, and Jason. I think they have the necessary skills and wouldn't overwhelm the scouts."

***

The next morning, I called Camp Jupiter to explain everything, including my reasons for bringing everyone.

Nico was Levi's brother, Mikasa's uncle. I had practiced fighting with him for the last two years.

Will was a healer, and we would need that. He was good at talking, keeping things calm. He was like my brother, and I couldn't leave him again. Plus, splitting up solangelo.

Percy had amazing fighting skills, strength, and his similarity to Eren even though I didn't want two dopes.

Annabeth was one of the best hand to hand combatants I'd ever met, a great strategist, and diplomatic.

Reyna because duh.

Jason for his fighting, flying, and lightning abilities.

I couldn't bring Frank because his ability would probably overwhelm them and Camp Jupiter needed at least one of its official praetors. I didn't want to split up Frank and Hazel, and Hazel was a centurion.

I promised I'd call every day if I could.

A month later, Dad told me the day was approaching, and we shadow traveled to Camp Jupiter right away. As soon as we got there, Hazel hugged me fiercely. Frank put a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. I hugged him, and he seemed stunned for a second before hugging me back, clearly overjoyed. Reyna had a small smile on her face and looked proud of me.

After three days, we left Camp for Paradis Island.

Darkness swirled around us, and we appeared in the forest by the warrior's palace.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang and orange lightning struck. It happened two more times. I heard giant footsteps.

The warriors were going to attack all of humanity.

"ATTACK NOW! FOCUS ON THE BEAST TITAN. BRING HIM DOWN!"

We rode out of the forest together. I grabbed Jason and led him over to Annie. Jason flew me up to her. I grabbed onto her hair when she noticed us and put a finger to my lips.

"Annie, you don't want to do this, do you? Annie, please, don't resist us. You'll get hurt." She slowed her running and looked at Zeke. "Annie, please. This is my family. I'm not asking you to fight anyone; I'm asking you to not fight anyone. Just let us handle it." Her eyes were wide. "Look, Annie, if you decide you can't, I... I won't hold it against you; I just don't want you to be killed by my family."